My sisters 8330 wont allow anyone to hear her, nor her to hear anyone- the lady at the alltel store told her that her speaker was broken- when she called customer service from a land-line they called her cell phone to see if the cust serv rep could hear her through the cell phone- he couldnt- she can still text etc- but not able to hear or talk on a phone call

so my question is, how does the microphone and speaker both stop working at the same time?
    - wasnt dropped on the floor or in the water-
    is there a setting somewhere that turns these off?
    or are they both controlled by the same, say "chip" or "unit" for lack of a better word, and if that part malfunctions both the speaker and mic go bad?

Is there way of fixing this instead of sending it in for a refurbed unit?

Thanks so much, she is fairly dissapointed as she needs her phone for important interview calls the end of this week-
    05-19-09 05:09 PM
    What OS she have on the device?
    05-19-09 05:10 PM
    i left a mssg on her bf's phone for her to call me, but I know she hasnt updated it since she got it in december, so prob 2 or 3 os updates have gone by and she hasnt updated it
    05-19-09 05:52 PM
    I would try and find out the OS and update it if needed.

Could be hardware.. but tough to tell at this point.....
    05-19-09 06:04 PM
    does she use the headphone jack? I know that on palms if the jack is banged the phone thinks there is a headphone plugged in so the devices mic and speaker are silent.
    05-19-09 08:08 PM
    If she just got it this past Dec (making it ~5mo old) you might be able to take it into the store and have them replace it. Most phones have a 1yr warranty from the manuf.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 08:18 PM
    yea, she got it in dec- never called me back, so I'll try her again tomorrow and have her update the os, also will have her plug in a headphone and pull it back out and tinker with that, thanks for the suggestions-
    05-19-09 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD