I am trying to load some applications on to my blackberry and it keeps saying
    There is an XML syntax error on line 1! Can anyone help me out with this please
    08-12-08 10:50 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

When does this error occur?

Normally, Applications Loader will retrieve the contents of your device, then check for installed software.

Next, it will open a control panel where you can install third party applications.

Finally, it will write the new application to the device.

Have you installed your device Operating System? That makes it a lot simpler to use Applications Loader properly.
    08-12-08 12:37 PM
    yeah make sure you have the device manager as well as the desktop manager installed.
    08-12-08 12:38 PM
    I have all that loaded on my computer and the error message comes up after it has been downloaded to my computer and when I go to app loader to put it on my phone it come up with the error. Any more suggestions?
    08-13-08 08:19 AM
    When you go to the Control Panel / Add or Remove Programs on your PC, you should see two BlackBerry apps installed: BlackBerry Desktop Manager Software n.m and BlackBerry v4.x.y.z for the ... device. If you don't see two installed programs, you still need to install the device OS. If you downloaded it, find the download and double click to run the installer. If you havn't downloaded it yet, perform the steps in the Stoner procedure linked in my sig. He will walk you through downloading and installing it.
    08-13-08 05:39 PM
    ... He will walk you through downloading and installing it.
    What a fine vote of confidance, thank you Jeff.

Fact is, over the past 4 months, we have not lost a single battle in the quest for more memory.

Much of that is due to guys like Jeff, who watch over our community memory management thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    08-13-08 06:00 PM
    What a fine vote of confidance, thank you Jeff.

Fact is, over the past 4 months, we have not lost a single battle in the quest for more memory.

Much of that is due to guys like Jeff, who watch over our community memory management thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    Well, at risk of sounding like the chorus in a mutual appreciation society, if it wasn't for guys like you and Brian writing these procedures, guys like me wouldn't have any reference to point people to. So, you're welcome, and thank YOU.
    08-13-08 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD