Howdy!

Purchased first Blackberry several months ago, LOVE IT!! . . . but have had one **** of a problem. Within past month, twice I have found in the am the phone not working, a message "SIM Card Rejected". It was working the night before with no problems. Have taken out battery and SIM to "reboot", but to no avail.

In the end, had to go to the T-Mobile store, purchase, have them reconfigure another. Have never heard of a SIM card "burning out" or being rejected like this, anyone I ask, no one knows. T-Mobile only says go get it replaced, but this is twice now within 30 days and am not confident it won't happen again . . .

Any ideas as to what may be causing, how to avoid such a problem, etc.?

Greatly appreciate the feedback,
    NSI
    06-25-08 12:53 AM
    I used to get that error message now and then when I first got my 8100, but a reboot, along with removing/reinstalling the SIM card would fix it. After upgrading the OS on it, it never did it again. And I never did get a different SIM card for that phone.
    06-25-08 12:58 AM
    The same happened to me, but like Chaz I never had to get another sim card, I just had to remove and reboot.
    06-25-08 01:01 AM
    I had this happen to me with ATT a few years back, had to replace it. Bad sim. From what I hear it can just happen? Maybe you got sims from a bad batch or something? Personally what I would do is go to the store and have them replace it again and ask them if its a phone defect causing it or if there is something that causes SIM burnout? Good luck, I cant imagine how frustrating that is.
    06-25-08 01:11 AM
    Not technical-minded, was going crazy suddenly without a phone first thing in the morning!!!

Appreciate the feedback and will look into updating the OS, maybe if it happens again, get SIM from another T-Mobile location.

Thanks!
    06-25-08 01:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD