I have unfortunately messed up my Dad's 8310 Curve. We were over for Thanksgiving dinner tonight and all of us 30-somethings had iPhones with pictures tied to a profile/contact. My dad wanted the same thing on his Curve but couldn't get it to work, so I tried to do so. When I downloaded several pictures from email, to tie to each of our contacts, it must have overloaded the memory b/c now, we can't access his Address Book - it seems to be empty. If I click the "menu" button once in the Address Book and scroll down to "SIM Phone Book" every time, it pulls up, but can't automatically. I've copied the address book from the SIM card no fewer than 15 times - both from within the address book and by running the setup wizard all the way through. No errors seem to pop up but for some reason, the list of contacts does not automatically show in the address book. I looked up how to select the SIM Phone Book as the default, but haven't been able to do it b/c it shows "Option" -> "Advanced Options" -> "Default services". There isn't a Phone Book option in my Default Services.

I also carry a BB Curve for work, but of course my IT team supports it so I don't know much about it other than from a user perspective.

Can anyone help me restore this? It seems incredibly simple but isn't working.

I really appreciate the help!
    11-26-09 12:34 AM
    Does he have it backed up to his computer if so you can restore it using the Desktop manager. Were you saving the pics to the media card or the device memory because if your device memory gets to low it will make space by deleting contacts and text.
    11-26-09 12:43 AM
    Thank you so much for replying!! I don't recall it asking and wasn't ever able to select to save anywhere specific, so would assume to the device. That's the only thing I can think of - that I overloaded the memory. I went back and deleted the pictures I added - both from the pictures section and from each individual contact profile. Even then, I can't get it to let me select SIM as the default, or to actually let me copy the SIM Phone Book to the Phone - it seems to think it's doing that each time w/ no errors, but the Phone Book is not loading then. Any ideas? Hopefully he has it backed up, but at his age, he's not terribly technical (not that I am either! ) and just needs it to work as he's familiar with it. We're both bummed that I "broke" the address book.

Anyway, back to business...figured I need help so I can fix this and go to bed, not start another convo about football!
    Last edited by AKMS24; 11-26-09 at 01:05 AM.
    11-26-09 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD