hey guys i managed to crack my screen on my blackberry 8310 and i was wandering if it was possible to hook my blackberry up to my computer and access my address book being that all my contacts are on my phone not my sim card...i already have another phone but i need all my contacts!!! thanks, oh and i dont have the cd that came with it so is there a site where i can download the program..thanks again, ryan
    07-20-08 01:53 PM
    Desktop Manager can be had from HERE

As long as nothing else was damaged other than the screen you should have no problems transferring data from your device to your PC using DM.
    07-20-08 01:55 PM
    On your BB open the address book, and press menu to see the SIM phone book. You can choose a contact one by one, or you can select all. then click add to address book. You can get the latest DM HERE
    and welcome to CB.
    07-20-08 01:59 PM
    How's he going to open the address book with a cracked screen?

That was the point of him asking the question he asked.

I'm pretty sure I answered the question he had with my response as long as I read the question correctly.
    07-20-08 02:02 PM
    i seen all the downloads i just dont know which one to download...im not too good with this sorry..can u tell me which one i will need to download??thanks again
    07-20-08 02:10 PM
    Blackberry Desktop Software v4.5
    07-20-08 02:23 PM
    i filled out my info and it keeps saying confirm that the above info is accurate and current...i cant get it to go any further
    07-20-08 02:31 PM
    Right below where you enter all your information you need to select the "Yes" radio button in order to continue.

I confirm the information set out above is accurate and current:
    Select yes after that sentence.
    07-20-08 02:40 PM
    How's he going to open the address book with a cracked screen?
    Just because it's cracked doesn't mean it doesn't work.
    07-20-08 02:41 PM
    lol wow i didnt even realize that was there im not that dumb i swear but god im sure that looks bad..lol thanks man
    07-20-08 02:41 PM
    Just because it's cracked doesn't mean it doesn't work.
    I don't think he'd be on here asking if he was able to get his contact list off of his phone if he could still see the screen. Just my own observation.

lol wow i didnt even realize that was there im not that dumb i swear but god im sure that looks bad..lol thanks man
    Not a problem at all!
    07-20-08 02:43 PM
    right on yea i can receive calls but i cant call out for some reason..idk hate to say it but i got a new blackjack 2 for $50 so i have it now
    07-20-08 02:51 PM
    Sorry, I couldn't accept a phone that they issue 2 batteries with from the factory because they know they die so quickly.
    07-20-08 02:53 PM
    i only got one and i had it off the charger for like 30 hrs and it still didnt die..my blackberry was good for like 20 hrs and it was done for it sucked
    07-20-08 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD