I found a curve 8310 but its locked by a personal password. Anyone know how to unlock it?
    06-22-08 05:39 PM
    What do you mean "found"? Like on the street or something?

To unlock it you need the password...

Whatever carrier logo is branded on the phone, you should take it to that carrier and tell them you found it, let them pull the SIM card and find out who it belongs to.
    06-22-08 05:41 PM
    I found a curve 8310 but its locked by a personal password. Anyone know how to unlock it?
    Yes, the actual owner does. Try doing the right thing and find out
    how to get it back to them. I'm sure they'd appreciate
    your honesty.
    06-22-08 05:46 PM
    Sorry, you're probably not gonna get much help here unlocking a "found" phone, and rightfully so IMO.
    06-22-08 05:49 PM
    Yep, do the right thing! Find a way to get it back to the owner!
    06-22-08 05:49 PM
    What do you mean "found"? Like on the street or something?

To unlock it you need the password...

Whatever carrier logo is branded on the phone, you should take it to that carrier and tell them you found it, let them pull the SIM card and find out who it belongs to.
    i know i need the password but i know theres other ways to unlock it.

theres no sim card in there
    06-22-08 08:02 PM
    i know i need the password but i know theres other ways to unlock it.

theres no sim card in there
    So you found a phone that isn't yours and decided to keep it?
    06-22-08 08:18 PM
    So you found a phone that isn't yours and decided to keep it?
    honestly i would like to unlock n find out info about the user n c if i can return it to him
    06-22-08 08:22 PM
    All Blackberrys have a PIN that is associated with a carrier, as well as with an owner. They also have the carrier name right on them, so taking it to the carrier's store would be the quickest way to find the rightful owner.
    06-22-08 08:28 PM
    Take the thing to the carrier it is branded to, explain
    you want the rightful owner to have it back, leave your
    info so they can give it to them so they can contact you
    to say thank you.

You're not going to get a lot of help on this here. And
    really, you shouldn't.
    06-22-08 08:29 PM
    i am curious - where did you find it?
    06-22-08 08:30 PM
    thanks guys i will do that tomorrow
    My word Chaz, did we just both use "rightful owner" in a post.
    honestly i would like to unlock n find out info about the user n c if i can return it to him
    Boy does that sound suspicious. Why would YOU need that info if the person's carrier can return it to the owner. Hmm.....ever heard of karma?
    06-22-08 08:34 PM
    Do the right thing take it to the Phone Carrier as they can look up the owner simply by looking at the IMEI number and or PIN... If you really are trying to find out who owns it as everyone has mentioned that would be the quickest way of doing so....they will put it in the hands of the rightfull owner... i know if i lost my blackberry and someone was honest and nice enought to return it i would reward them for there nice gesture of honesty... and im sure if you lost your wallet or phone or somthing that you valued dearly you would be extremely gratefull if someone were to return it to you...hope you do the right thing
    06-22-08 08:34 PM
    Boy does that sound suspicious. Why would YOU need that info if the person's carrier can return it to the owner. Hmm.....ever heard of karma?
    i didnt know. yea i heard karma its a great song lol jk
    Last edited by Dchen; 06-22-08 at 08:51 PM.
    06-22-08 08:37 PM
    Do the right thing!
    06-22-08 08:39 PM
    I just logged Dchen's IP address and am now scanning local IP's in his area to pinpoint his address. I will reveal his address so we can hound him until he returns the stolen device or turn him into the authorities.

I'll give him 24 hours from now to do what he's supposed to.................
    06-22-08 08:42 PM
    I just logged Dchen's IP address and am now scanning local IP's in his area to pinpoint his address. I will reveal his address so we can hound him until he returns the stolen device or turn him into the authorities.

I'll give him 24 hours from now to do what he's supposed to.................
    hey dont accuse me of stealing. not fair
    06-22-08 08:51 PM
    good to see you're going to return it. let us know how it goes.
    06-22-08 08:54 PM
    maybe when you return it you'll find a berry that will be perfect for you and you can get it the right way
    06-22-08 08:55 PM
    Try making a post on here saying "Found BlackBerry" and what area you found it in. But do NOT describe it or say what carrier it is on, let the person who claims it belong to them describe it to you, if they know what it looks like and what carrier it is, then go from there.
    06-22-08 08:55 PM
    **off topic**
    skormm....you dont even have a berry yet? you will be a PRO when aug finally gets here!!!
    06-22-08 08:59 PM
    **off topic**
    skormm....you dont even have a berry yet? you will be a PRO when aug finally gets here!!!
    haha, I know! The wait is killin' me, but I figure if I wait I don't have to pay retail which is always nice. And maybe a certain something spiffy will be out by then.
    06-22-08 09:01 PM
    haha, I know! The wait is killin' me, but I figure if I wait I don't have to pay retail which is always nice. And maybe a certain something spiffy will be out by then.
    which is a good reason to keep your sanity while waiting!! you'll have to let us all know what you end up getting!
    06-22-08 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD