i got a new media card today and went to download music on blackberry desktop manager

long story short: i decided to do a 4.5 update, cancelled the update, unplugged the device without ejecting because it was taking forever

now the hourglass won't stop- its been around 15 min

any ideas on what i can do?!?!
    02-02-10 06:20 PM
    I would try plugging it back in and wait to see what happens.
    02-02-10 06:24 PM
    it just turned on and everything was wiped...is there ANYTHING i can do to retreive all of this info back??
    02-02-10 06:29 PM
    What do you mean by wiped? Is the OS there and the BB still functioning?
    02-02-10 06:32 PM
    everything is reset i mean- it looks like my contacts are being retrieved but my background, apps, everything has reverted back to how it was when i got it
    02-02-10 06:33 PM
    If it's restoring your contacts, then you must have either run a backup during the installation or you're running Google Sync? If you didn't choose to back up any 3rd party apps, including themes, then they're most likely gone. Your backgrounds, etc, should be on your media card, and shouldn't have disappeared.
    Last edited by TravellingFool; 02-02-10 at 06:39 PM. Reason: spelling... arrrgh
    02-02-10 06:36 PM
    unfortunately i lost all of the photos and everything but some of my apps and set up things like font...this is similar to when i did the 4.5 update originally and it redid many of my settings....im in the process of getting things back to normal now

thanks!
    02-02-10 06:47 PM
    You're welcome, but if you lost photos, then you were saving them to your device memory and not your media card. You really should save them to your media card or it will fill up your file free memory in no time and slow your bb to a crawl.
    02-02-10 06:51 PM
    how do i specifically save them to my memory card? i had the photos saved before i got the memory card today...
    02-02-10 07:00 PM
    Ahh, ok. Well, if I remember correctly, in 4.5 you go into Media> Options and there is an option to save all media to the memory card. In 4.7 and higher, it defaults there. However, I could be wrong about 4.5, in which case as soon as you insert the card, it will default there. Try taking a pic and see where it goes now that you have a card inserted. Make sure it's unplugged from your pc first or it will disable the card from being accessed from the bb.
    02-02-10 07:04 PM
    thanks for all of your help!!!!
    02-02-10 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD