i have tried everything to get bb maps on my curve. i tried downloading it onto my pc and it didnt work. then i came on here and people said you could go to mobile.blackberry.com to do it. when i go there, it is the same site that i used for my pc, but it says that it needs activeX controls and will not let me do it. somebody please help!
    02-29-08 12:15 PM
    Windows is making use of its built in "security features" and letting you know it by forcing you to approve use of the features.

When you see the yellow bar, click on it and select the Allow this time option.

That should let the install proceed.
    02-29-08 12:18 PM
    i know to do it on my pc, but it says the same thing when i use my phone so i am stuck
    02-29-08 12:40 PM
    just get google maps
    02-29-08 12:46 PM
    just get google maps
    sorry you're having problems loading bb maps. but i agree w/ tomdick. i have bb maps and don't ever use it thanks to google maps. i may even "unload" bb maps to free up some room. wish you luck either way

btw, here is the mobile google maps link - go there from your berry to download the app if you're interested.
    02-29-08 12:49 PM
    google maps is great i agree with the majority
    02-29-08 01:36 PM
    I prefer BB maps. It gives me a better idea of what the road is like.
    02-29-08 02:59 PM
    Google Maps with GPS on Blackberry 8310 | Viral Electronics

My question is would it be better to Down load Google maps onto a Micro card to save space on the BB itself?

I think I found the answer no Apps can be stored on a SD card. I just saw that after I closed this thread....
    Last edited by Raven71; 02-29-08 at 06:13 PM.
    02-29-08 06:10 PM
    I assume googlemaps need a phone with a data plan since its graphics intensive??
    02-29-08 10:58 PM
    I assume googlemaps need a phone with a data plan since its graphics intensive??
    Both GMaps and BB Maps require a data plan. There has been a lot of requests fro putting the maps on a memory card but I don't think anything has come of it. Hopefully 4.5 will allow it!
    03-01-08 03:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD