My BB Curve 8310 has been acting strangely in the last week or so. I have added facebook and updated to the new Viigo that just came out but I can't be sure when all this started after doing those things.

I turn it off while at work, and when I turn it on after, it is EXTREMELY slow to load up, and then there is a delay in responding to key strokes, sometimes a 10 or 15 second delay (once I couldn't answer a call because the answer key wouldn't work). It doesn't happen every time, but probably 50% of the time.

Also, one day it was fine, I'd run the battery down to about 1/4 of power, so I put it on the charger overnight, and when I took it off the next morning, it had a white screen with 'app failed' and the hourglass of death, and then when it rebooted it was back to factory standard (ie. all my personalized screen, ringtones, etc were gone). I suffered through the day, put it back on the charger that night, and then next morning got the same white screen and hourglass, but this time when it rebooted all my personalization stuff was back in place.

Is my BB possessed? I've been reading other postings here from people with what sound like somewhat similar problems, and the answer always seems to be to wipe the OS and start over. I am willing to do that but was hoping there was an easier solution.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    02-13-09 11:31 AM
    Have you tried a battery pull yet? I would start with that......you take the battery out while the phone is on; leave it out about 30 seconds and put it back in and it will do a hard reboot of your system.

What DM and OS are you using? Have you backed up all your info including your 3rd party apps? Info on backing up 3rd party apps can be found by clicking the link in my sig for Tips, How To's and FAQ's.

Let us know what happens,

~Jazzi~

02-13-09 11:38 AM
    Thanks so much for the reply.

Yes, I have tried the battery pull, although I didn't leave it out a full 30 seconds, just did a quick in and out to make it stop spiraling. I've not done it when there hasn't been a problem, is that something I can do just anytime and see if it helps?

My OS is 4.5.0. I'm sorry, Is the DM the desktop manager? IF so, it's v4.6. Yes, I have backed up my 3rd party apps

Thanks.

Have you tried a battery pull yet? I would start with that......you take the battery out while the phone is on; leave it out about 30 seconds and put it back in and it will do a hard reboot of your system.

What DM and OS are you using? Have you backed up all your info including your 3rd party apps? Info on backing up 3rd party apps can be found by clicking the link in my sig for Tips, How To's and FAQ's.

Let us know what happens,

~Jazzi~

02-13-09 11:49 AM
    Facebook app is a real killer on these phones. Try removing it and just using Facebook | Welcome to Facebook instead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 11:51 AM
    Do I just use that link instead on my BB (after I've uninstalled the other) to log on? Sorry I'm slow at this?

Thanks.
    02-13-09 12:02 PM
    Facebook app is a real killer on these phones. Try removing it and just using Facebook | Welcome to Facebook instead.
    That's a good point. I've had times where my BB was working perfectly until I opened the Facebook App and it immediately slowed down.
    02-13-09 12:03 PM
    I agree with dream, I ended up wiping it from mine too.
    02-13-09 12:09 PM
    Yes that is the mobile version of facebook. I personally like that one better anyone. You don't get the immediate notifications but it doesn't screw up your phone and cause a memory leak.

Yes you do battery pulls at anytime. Its good to do one atleast once a week to keep everything running smoothly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD