Ive downloaded and installed several versions of DM, 1 at a time of course, with and without media manager, they all work, until I close them down, then the next time I try to open it, the device manager loads in the tray, and the DM icon with an X through it saying it is disabled with no option to enable it. WTF? Do you have to set this to load everytime you start Windows? I like a quick startup, the less crap running the better, anyone have any ideas?
    02-02-09 03:20 PM
    Please do not double post. I do not know what the issue is with your DM but I can answer one of them. No DM does not have to start with windows, in fact I like you hate things in my start up unless necessary....
    02-02-09 03:24 PM
    If I understand correctly, the X does not disappear from the Desktop Manager icon and the Desktop Manager applications don't show up in the Desktop Manager.

I had this problem of very slow start up on the POS PC I had a work until last week. It took forever for the X to disappear and for DM to fully come up.

Now I have an almost real computer and DM comes very quickly

Are you starting DM with or without your BB connected? Also, have you just let it sit for a while to see if DM eventually comes up.
    02-02-09 03:25 PM
    I am curious as to why you need several versions of DM? Go with 4.6 without media manager and get rid of the others...
    02-02-09 03:26 PM
    I am curious as to why you need several versions of DM? Go with 4.6 without media manager and get rid of the others...
    I agree with this statement as the others. I use 4.6 without media manager on an old server and it works just fine. I do NOT have it start when my computer does. I like to open it on my own when I need it. It probably wouldn't hurt to only have ONE DM installed on the computer at a time either. Maybe they are getting confused, I prefer to have one DM and one OS installed at a time on my computer for my berry. Just a thought..........

Also, after a restart on this old server, there are many times that I have to wait a while for the X to go away. Sometimes it drives me nuts, however I would never want it starting up with Windows and having it in my tray.

Good Luck! I hope you have figured out the issue.
    Last edited by Jazzi-Rocks; 02-02-09 at 06:49 PM.
    02-02-09 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD