Hello Everyone!
    I am a new user on this website.
    Recently I got water into my BB 8300 (Curve) and i decided to blow dry it to clean out all the water. Once I did that everything was working good except when I press buttons such as "e" or "r" the menu will show up, and sometimes i have to press on buttons extra hard for them to register. Any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks!
    11-22-07 07:57 AM
    Look on ebay for a junked 8300 and replace the keypad components, not like you have to worry about voiding your warranty by taking it apart, you did that by giving it a bath, sorry to hear it got messed up though.

PS: just to confirm, did the water damage tag go pink or did ya scoop the BB out of the water before that happened?...if you saved it before the water damage dot turned pink, call Rogers and get a warranty replacement lol.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 11-22-07 at 08:06 AM.
    11-22-07 08:01 AM
    Or if it did turn pink after you take it apart you might have some rusty spots around the keyboard contacts. I had a friend drop his phone in the Toilet and after it dried out it worked except for some buttons. After he took it apart we noticed some rust from where it got wet. Cleaned that off with a little bit of alcohol and it was like new.
    11-25-07 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD