Can anyone on O2 OS test and see if when you receive a call/notification if it rings in your ear our on the outside handset speaker (as it should)?I've been testing 2 Curves and realized this today that my curve that is on O2 OS (because of the t-mobile missing browser problem) does this. It's rather annoying/startling at times. I wanna see if this is software or hardware related.
    06-08-07 08:26 PM
    Can anyone on O2 OS test and see if when you receive a call/notification if it rings in your ear our on the outside handset speaker (as it should)?I've been testing 2 Curves and realized this today that my curve that is on O2 OS (because of the t-mobile missing browser problem) does this. It's rather annoying/startling at times. I wanna see if this is software or hardware related.
    Just to clarify: When you receive a call on your O2-OS Curve the call is ringing in your HEADSET rather than on the phone? I have been looking for a way to do this as I find it rather silly to have headphones on and then have my physical phone do the ringing. I have a copy of the O2 OS which I will be promptly installing if this is the case. I would appreciate any information you may have! Thanks in advance.
    06-14-07 03:47 PM
    This should happen because the Curve supports A2DP...
    06-14-07 07:13 PM
    we are talking about the wired headset right? Because this is what I'm referring to. I didnt think it SHOULD do that for the wired headset because normally it will ring out of the device rather than in ear.
    06-15-07 03:47 AM
    Oh, sorry I was thinking Bluetooth...
    06-15-07 04:59 AM
    I'm speaking about the wired headset.
    06-15-07 01:32 PM
    Well I just picked up a curve recently again..so i wanted to review this posting. Apparently this issue is a shortcoming of the O2 Software on the Curve. Before I purchased this curve I asked the store rep to let me test out the headphones. I popped my sim in and had my friend call me. It ringed on the handset speaker as it was supposed to. I just flashed to the O2 OS and tested and the device rings through the stereo headset . Kinda dissapointing since O2 seems to be the only option for us T-Mobile users. Any thoughts?
    07-06-07 07:10 AM
    Well I just picked up a curve recently again..so i wanted to review this posting. Apparently this issue is a shortcoming of the O2 Software on the Curve. Before I purchased this curve I asked the store rep to let me test out the headphones. I popped my sim in and had my friend call me. It ringed on the handset speaker as it was supposed to. I just flashed to the O2 OS and tested and the device rings through the stereo headset . Kinda dissapointing since O2 seems to be the only option for us T-Mobile users. Any thoughts?
    Thanks for letting me know this! I am going to flash my device to the O2 OS as soon as possible as this would alleviate my number 1 complaint I have with this device.
    07-06-07 09:28 AM
    Hi,
    New here.
    I have an 8300 OS version 4.2.2.89.
    I really need the phone to ring to my headset.
    Actually I would love to have auto-answer (without holster pull, or button push, but that's another story).

For now, I would just be happy with ringing to my headset, when it is plugged in instead of just ringing the handset.

I hook my phone up to my communications system on my motorcycle. It has to ring into my headset for me to know an inbound call is happening. I plan on rigging up a switch on the cord to ground mic and sleeve to answer calls and initiate voice dial calling.

But I have to have a ring come in for me to know a call is coming in.

I did see in this thread that 02 OS will allow ringing to the headset. Has that been confirmed? What is 02 OS? Where can I find it? Is it what I need?

thx!
    larry
    12-23-07 04:36 PM
    Can anybody tell me what 02 0S is?
    01-05-08 09:13 PM
    Actually I would love to have auto-answer (without holster pull, or button push, but that's another story).

What about when you are in the shower for 25 minutes? I don't think this feature you wished for would be wise
    01-05-08 11:05 PM
    Is this a solution for the 8320 users as well ?

Also would appreciate it if you could reply with the link for the correct OS which would fix this issue

Thanks,
    03-13-08 12:07 AM
    Talked to RIM, they basically said its a design decision which is why the headset does not get notified of the incomming call on the 8320. I hope its fixed in a later releases.
    03-13-08 12:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD