Anyone out there have this problem? I have a user that just received his Curve (due to the fact he has to wear hearing aids) and when he uses the phone he hears lots of static. Any ideas?
    11-01-07 11:58 AM
    Does the hearing aid he uses for his phone ear have a telephone coil in it? That might be a problem.
    11-01-07 09:31 PM
    He says that it has a "T-Coil" switch. Would that be the problem? And I heard that the 8700's have a TTY feature, right?
    11-02-07 02:02 PM
    Tell him to take his hearing aid out. I have a close friend who does that when he is on the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-07 09:36 PM
    Just like Cell phones, there could be a 1000 variables to this answer.
    the BB8300 series are Hearing Aid Compatible: Rating: M3, T3 (mostly tele-coil compatible). I am a hearing Aid wearer myself. If you could post make & model of the aids that your client wears I may be able to make some suggestions.

*Make
    *Model
    *how old are the Aids
    *Are the Aids analog or digital
    *style (CIC, "Behind the ear", "Open Ear") you client should know.

PS - I DO NOT RECOMMEND that you suggest that your clent resolve this by "Taking out the Aid while talking on the phone" option. Consider GOOD hearing aids run about $1200-2000 EACH (a good pair can run $3-5000!!!) I have lost a Hearing Aid using this technique, instead of seeking out a better cell phone for my handicap. my stupidity cost me over $2000.

So either post in here or shoot me an email.

Stoney
    Last edited by Stonewall; 11-18-07 at 04:09 AM. Reason: after thoughts
    11-18-07 04:02 AM
    He says that it has a "T-Coil" switch. Would that be the problem? And I heard that the 8700's have a TTY feature, right?
    A T-Coil is what is needed to use a phone with a hearing aid. Is the hearing aid setting selected on his Curve?

Go to the Phone Log icon, then press the Menu button and select Options. At the bottom of the list there should be Hearing Aid Mode. Select that and you can turn it on or off.
    11-18-07 04:57 PM
    A T-Coil isn't ALWAY's Necessary. But if the Curve has the option avanden say's that is a huge bonus!
    11-18-07 08:14 PM
    Thanks for the information! Stonewall, my user answered your questions:

Make: Widex
    Model: Senso
    how old are the Aids: Purchased in late 2002 or early 2003.
    Are the Aids analog or digital: Digital style (CIC, "Behind the ear", "Open Ear") you client should know: "Behind the ear"

If you have any ideas that I can give him, I would appreciate it. Janet
    11-20-07 03:24 PM
    I'm a dual BTE hearing aid user and am looking at the BB8820 (comoany is getting it for me).

Question - BB shows the 8830 is M4/T4 but shows no rating at all for the 8820. Does this mean the 8820 is not telecoil equipped, or is that an omission in their data?

BB support was no help at all, all they do is pull up the doc that says 8830 is M4/T4 and that since the 8820 is not on the list it must be incompatible.

Of course, another BB rep said all the 8800 series was the same.

Anyone know for sure?
    02-18-08 01:43 PM
    NM - wrong place to post this. Going to a new thread.....
    02-18-08 04:51 PM
    I, too wear binaural hearing aids and recently received Blackberry 7100i. There is no option to start the telecoil that I can find. I cannot use the phone as is because of the constant electronic noise and clicking. The menu mentioned by Avenden does not show Hearing Aid mode. Can't find any help at Blackberry, either. Any ideas?
    03-02-08 05:51 PM
    As a BTE wearer myself ...
    Have you considered getting something like the "T-Links" ... it's a siloette that sits along side a BTE, or just loops over your ear (for ITE, CIC etc) ...

I'm in the process of getting this for myself ...
    03-11-08 02:20 AM
    Hi everyone
    I have Blackberry curvr 8310, and I couldn't find any t-coil options in this phone. Maybe somebody knows something about it.
    My hearing aid has t-coil in.
    Thanks

Could you send my ansewr on my e-mail
    [email protected]
    04-01-08 10:52 PM
    Hi everyone
    I have Blackberry curvr 8310, and I couldn't find any t-coil options in this phone. Maybe somebody knows something about it.
    My hearing aid has t-coil in.
    Thanks

04-01-08 10:54 PM
    I have an 8310 and like they said
    Go to phone log
    select menu key
    select Options (near the bottom of the list)
    select Hearing Aid Mode (bottom of the list)
    select Mode Enabled (choices are No and Telecoil)
    04-02-08 12:13 AM
    hi thanks for answer, but i have still problem
    I'm in options, and on the bottom last option is Voice Dialing, there is no Hearing Aid Mode anywhere, havn't idea why?
    Maybe is some opitons to add hearing aid mode ?
    Lukasz
    04-02-08 11:42 AM
    you are in the general options menu.....you need to go to the options screen within the call log program-->just press the green send key once to access your call log then press the menu key and select the "options" menu from there.
    04-02-08 11:49 AM
    First you have to have hearing aids that have telecoils and they must be turned on. IF they are on and you don't have a telecoil phone you will hear static, noise, something other than what you want to hear.
    Second, you must have a phone that has a telecoil in it and it must be turned on.
    T3 and T4 are both telecoil options and T4 is better than T3.
    AND, just because a phone has T3 or T4 and they are turned on and your hearing aids are turned to telecoil, does NOT mean they will work. This is a very sensitive issue and technically, not as easy to design as it would appear.
    It is recommened that you always go to the store and try the phone with your hearing aid before you buy.
    And, FYI the new Bold does NOT support HAC (hearing aid compatibility)
    Also, FYI, the FCC forces every cellular provider to offer at least 25% of their phones to have HAC. And if a phone does, it will be marked on the outside of the box with either T3 or T4 or M3 or M4 and I'm not going there.
    11-06-08 05:13 PM
    I'm a dual BTE hearing aid user and am looking at the BB8820 (comoany is getting it for me).

Question - BB shows the 8830 is M4/T4 but shows no rating at all for the 8820. Does this mean the 8820 is not telecoil equipped, or is that an omission in their data?

BB support was no help at all, all they do is pull up the doc that says 8830 is M4/T4 and that since the 8820 is not on the list it must be incompatible.

Of course, another BB rep said all the 8800 series was the same.

Anyone know for sure?
    I checked the Phone Scoop website and they are a great site to check for hearing aid compatability for most phones and the 8820 is a GSM network phone and GSM is notorious for those nasty squelching noises on hearing aids equipped with telecoils hence the reason most GSM cells are not very compatable and dont show the M/T ratings although some gsm cells do carry a M3 (fair) rating for use with the microphone only

CDMA band network type cell phones are the most compatible for hearing aids with a telecoil and most have M3/T3 and M4/T4 ratings listed in the phonescoop.com website

Im on a Blackberry Curve 8330 and they are great with hearing aids with a T4 rating although im looking forward for the release of the new BB Tour (Dual GSM/CDMA) this year and Im hoping it has the T4 rating as well
    06-27-09 03:43 PM
    "I have an 8310 and like they said
    Go to phone log
    select menu key
    select Options (near the bottom of the list)
    select Hearing Aid Mode (bottom of the list)
    select Mode Enabled (choices are No and Telecoil)"

I have 8310 i recently got this phone and i have 4 blackberrys within one month, I am really struggling what blackberry to use because they are very annoying with the static sounds. I tried to do this task but I dont have the "hearing aid mode" list anyone can help me?
    11-10-09 03:09 PM
    I have the same phone.
    Go to the Phone Log (hit Phone key)
    Hit BB Button (rt of Phone key)
    chose options
    Next to bottom of list is hearing aid mode
    choose - options are Telecoil and NO

Your Aid must have the T-coil option turned on (most digitals have a selector button or remote) and Tcoil should be one selesction. if not, have your Aid dispenser add it.

It may not be clear as a bell, bu if you can't use the mic on the aid with your phone, it is better than nothing. GSM on the phone can cause noise. you can try turning off the GPS too.
    Hope that helps.
    12-27-09 08:27 PM
    Well I'm mystified!! I have a Bold 9700 which all the literature says is T-coil compatible. I have enabled Telecoil and it even show the symbol H-T on the screen. But I can't get any extra sound out of my Phonak digital hearing aids! Anyone with bright suggestions?
    06-28-10 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD