Okay, so I know questions have been asked about headphone jack issues before, but I havn't seen one the same as my problem. I have a wire with the 3.5mm or whatever it is on both sides. from RadioShack. I have my phone plugged into the AUX Input on my car stereo so I can use my mp3 player in the car, it used to work up until this past week. I thought maybe the wire went bad so i went and purchased another one today. Still no go. When I try to play music it comes out very faintly and high pitch "chipmonk" like as well as out the ear piece on the phone. Does anybody know why this has happened? or if there is anything to do to fix it?

I have the insurance with sprint so I can get a new phone for $50 if need be, but I have taken the case apart in the past so that white sticker on the one screw is no longer there so I don't want sprint to try and charge me for the full price of the phone.
    02-25-09 09:46 PM
    Have tried a battery pull with the phone on to reset it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 09:51 PM
    Have tried a battery pull with the phone on to reset it?

Yup. I've done a CTRL+ALT+DEL Reboot and about 6 battery pulls now?
    02-25-09 09:52 PM
    If the BB is less than 1 year old it should be replaced free under warranty and shouldn't be an insurance claim.

02-25-09 09:55 PM
    If the BB is less than 1 year old it should be replaced free under warranty and shouldn't be an insurance claim.

Yeah but the warranty is voided because the white sticker covering the one screw has been removed when I opened the housing.
    02-25-09 09:57 PM
    Buy a roll of white plastic tape and cut another small square. Lol

02-25-09 09:59 PM
    Buy a roll of white plastic tape and cut another small square. Lol

That could work...I actually thought about that. I figured I'd ask here before contacting Tech Support because anyone who uses Sprint knows how lovely +insert sarcasm+ their customer and technical support teams are.
    02-25-09 10:01 PM
    You opened the housing? was that before or after the headphone jack went?? I'm looking into this problem as well on another post, I just changed my housing and now it (headphone jack)doesn't work, I wonder if there is a tamper type thing then rim knows you opened... mine had no sticker over my screws

Okay, so I know questions have been asked about headphone jack issues before, but I havn't seen one the same as my problem. I have a wire with the 3.5mm or whatever it is on both sides. from RadioShack. I have my phone plugged into the AUX Input on my car stereo so I can use my mp3 player in the car, it used to work up until this past week. I thought maybe the wire went bad so i went and purchased another one today. Still no go. When I try to play music it comes out very faintly and high pitch "chipmonk" like as well as out the ear piece on the phone. Does anybody know why this has happened? or if there is anything to do to fix it?

I have the insurance with sprint so I can get a new phone for $50 if need be, but I have taken the case apart in the past so that white sticker on the one screw is no longer there so I don't want sprint to try and charge me for the full price of the phone.
    03-02-09 10:04 AM
    Uh, It worked before I opened it, then stopped using it for a little bit then I noticed it stopped working after I opened the case. So I cant tell you exactly if its caused by me opening the case or not.

You opened the housing? was that before or after the headphone jack went?? I'm looking into this problem as well on another post, I just changed my housing and now it (headphone jack)doesn't work, I wonder if there is a tamper type thing then rim knows you opened... mine had no sticker over my screws
    03-02-09 09:49 PM
    This is becoming a common occurrence. Switch the housing on a 8330 kills the jack.
    03-02-09 09:58 PM
    Anyway of fixing it?

This is becoming a common occurrence. Switch the housing on a 8330 kills the jack.
    03-02-09 10:00 PM
    A couple have had luck turning off the EQ and Audio boost in media options. Didn't work for my wifes.
    03-02-09 10:04 PM
    A couple have had luck turning off the EQ and Audio boost in media options. Didn't work for my wifes.
    These are both already turned off on my phone...
    03-02-09 10:31 PM
    I'm having this issue as well. Put my custom housing on and no more headphone jack.

03-09-09 07:09 AM
    This is very weird...

Hopefully someone can figure this out?...

03-09-09 07:29 AM
    Are you using a 4-pole wire. Because of the "microphone", most cellular devices use a 4 pole jack, so if you use 3-pole wire, you may short out the device.... Just look at the RIM included headphones included with your device, it is a 4 pole wire.
    03-09-09 07:47 AM
    You can use the typical 3.5mm line with the BB I've been using it for a while on mine for the aux in the car. But when I use normal headphones I need to have the plug a tiny space from completely in for it to not do the same thing. Its more a connection issue between the line and the jack most times. You could open up the housing again and see if the jack appears to be loose or has a bad connection since opening. There's the chance you shifted it loose during the housing swap. Try messing with the wires first, just push it completely in and slowly pull it out at tiny increments. Once you've done it a few times (if that's the issue) you'll be able to find the spot you need quickly.
    03-09-09 10:37 AM
    unfortunately this does not work...i've tried everything stated above, and i've also opened up the housing several times to check the connection. The headphone port is soldered to the board, and the connection seems fine, it is not loose at all. For some reason, now people are getting issues with this...and it's totally random too. Maybe 2 out of 10 people have the issue, but only AFTER they've changed their housing more than 5 times. For example, i changed my housing on my curve about 10 times, no problems, then on the 11th time, headset jack went out. I've taken apart the housing maybe 20 times after the jack went dead to see if there was some type of connection issue, and it seems fine, the board seems fine, and i also turned on the phone with no front plate, with access to the circuitry and the lcd screen and nothing is loose at all..so something definately breaks off when you move the housing. At first i thought it was that weird rubber tube looking thing that goes on the bottom of the phone but i realized that is just a microphone isolator (I think) and it's just a piece of rubber, so it shouldnt have anything to do with the headset jack. Anyway it seems there is no fix for this, i've read countless amounts of threads, with no help and everyone keeps chiming in with more questions, so it seems like it's not worth it to try to fix. So anyway, i filed an insurance claim and should be getting my replacement soon, but of course, verizon's assurion insurance company, has the curve on backorder.
    06-26-09 12:13 PM
    i wish i had seen this thread before i replaced mine. has anybody had any luck on warranty claims after replacing the housing?
    07-02-09 06:31 PM
    I called assurion and filed a phone claim and got a new one next day. I'm sure verizon would have replaced it at store but I was too lazy

07-02-09 06:39 PM
    My questions is, once the housing has been changed back to original will it correct the issue? Or once it's broken it's done?
    07-10-09 01:02 PM
    It happened to me today too, after removing the left side rail on my curve, and putting the same housing back together.

Just now ran the "headset jack detect" test and it totally failed.

Looks like it's time to get some bluetooth stereo headphones.
    07-11-09 08:11 PM
    Yep. Once its gone. Its gone for good ;(

07-12-09 12:10 AM
    This sucks! I have also just discovered that my head jack no longer works after changing my housing. This was my 3rd housing change. Uggh. How do you run the headset jack detect?
    07-12-09 11:09 AM
    To do the headset jack test, at the main screen, type O to get the Options screen. Then select the Status screen. Then type the word "test" without the quotes (it's a secret option).

Then Start the test and choose Headset Audio for the jack test.
    07-12-09 11:15 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD