I have downloaded and installed Desktop Manager v4.3 several times from several different places (including the newest link to blackberry.com) and cannot get it synchronize with my Outlook.

The install process seems to go well, but when I go to set up my sync configurations, I get all the way to the "Finish" dialog and receive the following message:

"Runtime Error

Cannot find system in table file."

This happens in the sync setup of every Outlook module (Address Book/Task List/Calendar/Memo).

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Previous versions of Desktop Manager sync just fine.
    11-13-07 02:13 PM
    It is an issue with the software. I would suggest you revert to 4.2.2 and wait until the shortcoming is rectified.
    Sincerely,
    Howard M. Wood
    [email protected]
    11-13-07 02:50 PM
    Interesting. It seems from the postings that people have different degrees of luck with this new version. Is there any indication of what exactly may be causing these problems and how users can identify whether they will be able to effectively run 4.3?

For now, I am rolling back to 4.2.2. Thanks for the advice.
    11-13-07 03:34 PM
    Re-installed several times no luck... Need a solution! ASAP!!

I have yet been able to sync my device. With the older version 4.2 I received this error ??????????????? Real helpful I know...
    11-16-07 11:40 AM
    Hmmm interesting....I've installed it and had no issues whatsoever.
    I'm wondering if its the PC environment or procedure?
    I did install mine on top of the previous version which was 4.2.2 and was prompted to reboot.
    Upon my first connection to my device, i received a message asking did I want to transfer my information to new device (although it was not new). I opted out and proceeded as normal with backing it up and synching.
    11-16-07 01:09 PM
    Uninstall all versions of Desktop Manager. Reboot your pc, then install the latest version, 4.3.

All should be ok after that. But, if that fails, you might have to remove respective registry entries, too...

Re-installed several times no luck... Need a solution! ASAP!!

I have yet been able to sync my device. With the older version 4.2 I received this error ??????????????? Real helpful I know...
    11-16-07 03:09 PM
    Hi there, i'm new here at the forums, but i had the same problems, here is how i solved. It's only about configuration.
    i have my desktop manager in spanish, so i don't know for sure how to trasnlate the menus and all of it, buy i'll do my best.

1. Open Desktop manager v. 4.3
    2. Select Synchonize, it should open a new window with two tabs (synchronize and configuration)
    3. Select configuration Tab, there you should have 3 buttons of configuration options, select Configure Synchonization (2nd button from top), it opens a new window with title "Intellsync - PIN NUMBER - Settings"
    4. This window, display the Outlook complements you have selected in your BB to synchronize, Calendar, Notepad, Contacts and more. Select each, one by one, and press the button "Advanced".
    5. Right now, before opening the new window, should display the same error "Runtime Error, Cannot find system in table file."
    6. Press ok, and at the new windows with title "Advanced", you have to select the correct location of your contacts, press the button "Set folder" or "Asignar Carpeta in Spanish"
    7. Search trough your Outlook folders, and select desired one, press Add.

It should be working now, i just did and work for me. Hope this useful to you.
    11-25-07 03:21 PM
    Unfortunately, this does not work for me. When I select each outlook component, it automatically launches a configuration wizard that takes you step by step through the process. The advanced button remains grayed out at all times. Does anyone else have any suggestions?
    11-28-07 02:40 PM
    I have the BB 8130 Pearl and installed Blackberry Desktop Manager v 4.3 on my PC. My PC has Vista and Outlook 2007. It would not sync and could not download my contacts or calendar. I received the message: "Cannot find system in table file". I uninstalled v 4.3 and downloaded Blackberry Desktop Manager v 4.2.2(based on above). I successfully imported my calendar and contacts from Outlook 2007 to the 8130. Sprint BB techinical support didn't even have a solution. Thank you crackberry.com users!!
    12-04-07 11:18 AM
    I rolled back to 4.2.2 as well. At least it still works, even if it isn't very pretty.
    12-05-07 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD