I'm new to the BlackBerry family and going from a phone with a windows based software to RIM is like going through the Twilight Zone. I am searching for a free format conversion software to enable me to access pics stored on my sim card from previous phone. Assistance is greatly appreciated.
    06-29-08 06:44 PM
    I think that the pictures may not be the problem. Most pics are in jpg format and most things can read them just fine.

Most likely the problem is with the format of the old card. What was your old phone?

Windows can read more formats than anyother OS. In my experience I have never found a picture format that I cannot read.

Please give some more info and we'll sort this out.
    06-29-08 07:08 PM
    I appreciate any assistance you can give Pete. Prior to the 8310 I had the HTC Tilt. All the pics on my old card were jpegs but for some reason I am having difficulty with the retrieval thing. It's only two weeks today since I've had the 8310 and I'm still trying to figure out the ins and outs of the phone. The tilt was so much more user friendly.....but I'm willing to learn if you'll teach. Thanks again.
    06-30-08 03:28 PM
    Are the pics really on your SIM cards? Or are they on a microSD memory card?

The terminology and technical details like those can make the difference in things like this!
    06-30-08 03:30 PM
    Doubt that they were saved to the sim. Usually they save to device memory or memory card. If you were able to save them to your sim maybe you should resave them to a memory card or device and transfer them to your comp.
    06-30-08 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD