I've got a Lg Glimmer and am looking at a BB curve 8330. How good is it? The glimmer is what you would call a dum phone and is not touch friendly at all. I like the full qwerty key board. Does the 4.3 os work good? Is there any sense on upgrading to 4.5 os? The leaked 5.0 os, what does it do for the phone? How much memory do you have for apps? There is a app on BB appworld called Aerize Card Loader, that lets you put appworld apps on the SD card, has anyone tried it? Has anyone one had to do a battery put?
    Last edited by Indycar; 12-07-09 at 11:31 AM.
    12-07-09 09:18 AM
    I love my 8330! The keyboard is awesome. I upgraded the os and it works real nice. Some apps only work on the upgraded os. I haven't upgraded to the leaked 5.0 so can't answer that question. How much memory you have for apps depends on the size of the apps you want to put on the phone. I have almost 30 apps on my phone right now and it runs great. Even though you can put apps on the SD card you can't run them from the SD card so really I don't see the point in doing that. I think your last question is about a battery pull. Yes you will need to do battery pulls. It's essential in keeping your device running smoothly. I installed quickpull on mine (free app). It simulates a battery pull. I have it set to go off at 3am every day so it doesn't interfere with anything I'm doing. I have only had to actually pull the battery a couple of times in almost a year because I was on the phone all day doing all kinds of things and it froze up. Overall, I think you will be happy if you get one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 12:16 PM
    I love my Curve 8330. Not sure how I lived without it all this time. It is always a good idea to update to the newest available OS. You wouldn't want your phone to run slower than what it should. I hope you join the Blackberry family!
    12-07-09 01:13 PM
    I like my 8330 but if I was gonna do an upgrade today, I would get the new curve or the tour. I'm liking that new trackpad...

12-07-09 01:50 PM
    I didn't like the new trackpad when I used it in a store....I love my 8330 but the tour is the way to go.
    12-07-09 01:52 PM
    I've got an 8330 and love it but if I were you i would just get the new bold 9700 or bold 9000..
    12-07-09 04:10 PM
    I've got an 8330 and love it but if I were you i would just get the new bold 9700 or bold 9000..
    Neither of those phones are cdma. I love my 8330 and its works great but I would either get the 9630 or the 8530.

12-07-09 04:20 PM
    if your gonna get a bb from verizon...get a tour.
    12-07-09 04:22 PM
    Neither of those phones are cdma. I love my 8330 and its works great but I would either get the 9630 or the 8530.

Ahh sorry. I forgot and didn't read what carrier the OP was with and completely disregarded that I'm in Canada.. haha..

Telus and Bell are CDMA but have the new HSPA network which supports 9700 and 9000 so I automatically thought that. Sorry :P my mistake
    12-07-09 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD