Rang O2(UK) today to ask them to release my pin as I am trading my Curve to someone else. Been told it was done and got a message saying "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network". I then could still pin one of my mates.
    Is this right? Should all this not work or have they ballsed up?
    Thanks
    10-03-07 02:29 PM
    They messed something up kinda but not really..., if u asked to release your PIN, you shouldnt have gotten the message, unless of course you power cycled and possibly even updated your HRT, the rim database will create a ''semi" BIS account for you upon updating your HRT or a power cycle, but it's not usable by you only your carrier...call em again and ask them to delete the pin from the BIS admin, then dont turn the phone back on until you give it to your buddy, it only checks the PIN and IMEI anyways, so it will not be associated to your account.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 10-03-07 at 06:56 PM.
    10-03-07 06:36 PM
    Can I just confirm? As I had my data receiving on in the settings on my phone after I asked them to depin my machine, it just re-established itself which is why I got the message? I also got a message from Orange saying " Welcome to Blackberry from Orange. Your BB Internet Service account is now live".
    If I clear my phone of all my data, turn it off, then ask them to delete the pin from the account? My problem is I have a data account with Orange but the phone, which is unlocked, is an O2 one which is why I have to go to O2 to get the pin sorted out.
    I went to log into my BIS account and it did not recognise my username and password. Can my buyer just create a new account using the pin and IMEI number?
    I had a long pin conversation with TMag last night discussing this when I would have thought if the pin was released, it would not have worked.
    Thanks
    Last edited by dougproctor; 10-04-07 at 02:50 AM. Reason: more info
    10-04-07 02:42 AM
    To put it simply, call them again and have them wipe the pin from their database, and dont power on the phone again until the buyer gets it, ensure that the IMEI has been taken off of your billing account as well, and do a device wipe...once that is done go try and login to your BIS account...if you can still access it and you OLD pin is displayed they dunno what their doing lol.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 10-04-07 at 03:25 AM.
    10-04-07 03:20 AM
    Thanks. Do I call Orange or do I call O2? When I first rang Orange, they said that the handset is not active on blackberry.orange but on O2. Which is why I contacted O2 for the pin release. They said it was released.
    Is all this because I kept the phone on rather than clearing it and switching off for the new owner?
    Thanks for this, it is so damn confusing!!
    Doug
    10-04-07 03:57 AM
    Not to worry Doug I'm sure it will all be sorted by the time Royal Mail get back to work! and besides I still have my trusty 8700 in the mean while!
    10-04-07 04:32 PM
    What you doing on here then, Andy? How's tricks?
    D
    10-05-07 01:18 PM
    As mentioned Doug. Despite the Curve being on O2, its unlock and you registered the PIN with Orange and thats where your BIS Account is. Now o matter what Orange tell you , its them that needs to release the PIN. It has nothing to do with O2 at all now.

You really need to speak to Orange and tell them to close your BIS Account and release the PIN.

The problem lies partly in the fact that none of UK carriers have no idea what they are talking about.

And Andy, welcome to the darkside...you really have converted!
    10-05-07 02:19 PM
    been around for a while, just not posted till now!
    10-06-07 11:23 AM
    Hi Tom, Andy. I have spoken to both Orange and O2 and as far as I get told, it should go okay for Andy. If not, I'll just have to have it back, Andy, okay? lol
    I will get another BB when my situation improves so I will be back! No good having a BB without the data package with it.
    And I agree UK providers have lots to learn although I got a good knowledgeable person from each company - eventually! Don't bother talking to Orange in India though - got told no-one knew anything about BB. I called him a liar!
    D
    10-06-07 01:12 PM
    Hey Doug when you get back into it I'll probably have an 8700 lying around!

I'll be cancelling my T-Mob BB account soon too in order to move it over to O2 to tie in with my business account so I imagine I'll be in for some fun too but at least I'll have 2 devices to use whilst one is activated and the other gets deactivated!
    10-06-07 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD