Is there a complete user manual anywhere. Can't sync calender, volume too low on phone, cna't get phone to ring, only vibrate ...etc. there isn't a manual that addresses any of my problems!
    06-22-08 11:58 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

The user manuals are available from BlackBerry. They require Adobe Reader to be installed.

They are also on the CD, if you have it available.

BlackBerry - Manuals and Guides

Once you have the basics covered, check back and we will help you through the tricky bits.
    Last edited by Stoner; 06-22-08 at 12:04 PM.
    06-22-08 12:01 PM
    Is there a complete user manual anywhere. Can't sync calender, volume too low on phone, cna't get phone to ring, only vibrate ...etc. there isn't a manual that addresses any of my problems!
    Relax Juan, that's what this site is for. There are plenty of people here that will help you through everthing. But first, check the BlackBerry 101 section. It explains just about everything someone new to BlackBerrys needs. Again, the people on this site will help whenever possible, but to jump on and automatically state you HATE your blackberry on a pro blackberry site isn't the way to start.

We understand your frustration, but take your time and learn from the site. You will learn to love your BB like we do.

So welcome to CrackBerry.
    06-22-08 12:04 PM
    Which curve?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-08 12:05 PM
    Hi and welcome to Crackberry. We're here to help. As a general statement, the BlackBerry User Guides are cr$p. All the information is in there but only geeks like me (and some others) have bothered to read them. Stoner's post showed you where to download the one for your 8330. It is much easier to search the PDF file than to sit in the bathroom flipping pages.

If you have questions about your phone then, you are for sure in the right place.

Reading your post, everything you want is possible.
    - Syncing Calendar, install Desktop Manager and work thru' the setup procedure. It's easy if you use Outlook. Less easy if you use Outlook Express because it does not have a calendar.

- Rings and things, go to Profiles, scroll down to Advanced, select, say, Normal and adjust the parameters all you want. The Escape key (to the right of the trackball) back you out but you need to save each parameter set. You can set volume, vibtare, ringtone for a number of phone functions.
    06-22-08 12:18 PM
    is that your first Blackberry? it takes a while to get use to it but beilive me you gonna be addicted very soon

Browse the forum using the search forum feature and you will have answer to all the questions you are looking for without opening any manual .. be patient it will take you a good week
    06-22-08 12:19 PM
    If you would take the time to read the manual that came with the phone or is posted on the BB web site, then all your questions would be answered.

I hate it when people start whining about things not working when they haven't even tried to educate themselves and solve the problem before complaining.

There seems to be a lot of this in these forums.
    06-22-08 12:20 PM
    If you would take the time to read the manual that came with the phone or is posted on the BB web site, then all your questions would be answered.

I hate it when people start whining about things not working when they haven't even tried to educate themselves and solve the problem before complaining.

Very true!
    06-22-08 12:26 PM
    Understand your point, man. But this guy sounded like he was trying but was having problems. Some of them, however....

The BlackBerry is a different world. My 7230 was a nighmare until I got it figured out. My Pearl keyboard drove me nuts until I realized that I should look at the keybord and not at the screen whilst typing.

Hopefully we have now made a convert.
    06-22-08 12:33 PM
    There is a Help heading right there on your BB.
    Menu> show all > scroll down to the question sign (help) also there is always tons of help right here at the Crack!
    Don't forget there is also >>>http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/

Welcome to the Crack!
    06-22-08 12:34 PM
    slow down and take a DEEP BREATH..heres some useful info>> BlackBerry FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ
    BTW..Welcome to CB.....
    06-22-08 12:36 PM

dag, did you know there are 25,000 new BlackBerry users every day?

edit: And 1,000 new CrackBerry members, every day?

There really are a lot of them, we want them to feel welcome and enjoy the community.
    Last edited by Stoner; 06-22-08 at 02:01 PM.
    06-22-08 01:20 PM
    dag, did you know there are 25,000 new BlackBerry users every day?

There really are a lot of them, we want them to feel welcome and enjoy the community.
    true..most do not know about the lecture series or BB faq..they just got their berry and are ready to take on the world..lol
    06-22-08 01:24 PM
    Not trying to be a %$#@, but I've read the 101's for a week before I purchased my Curve. Reading the provided manual and still can't find my answers. Just a little frustrated. here's what I'm trying to do. I was able to set up and sync phone but not calendar. Only ASCII inport/ export appears in set up. Also phone vibrates and does not ring. I'm sure it's something simple I'm over looking. Didn't mean to stir thing up.
    06-22-08 01:44 PM
    What are you trying to sync to? If it's Outlook 2003 or above then you need Desktop Manager 4.3 or 4.5 (just released).

If you use Outlook 2000 then you need to use Desktop Manager 4.2 + a service pack because these were all made at about the same time as Office 2000..

There is a series of options in Synchronize, Configuration that will lead you through the process.

Can you give us some specific information about which application you are trying to sync to please as this would be most helpful?

There is no doubt that we can collectively help you. Why so? Because we are all doing more or less the same thing.
    06-22-08 01:52 PM
    Pete, I've got windows Vista 2007 and a I'm trying to sync my calendar, no problems with the contacts, outlook came up in the select device window and it was no problem from there.
    06-22-08 02:02 PM
    Did you get everything solved yet?
    06-22-08 02:05 PM
    Nope! Still looking and not giving up.
    06-22-08 02:12 PM
    Relax. Everything easy in life when you know how to do it. Take your time to be familiar with your BB.
    06-22-08 02:24 PM
    Pete, I've got windows Vista 2007 and a I'm trying to sync my calendar, no problems with the contacts, outlook came up in the select device window and it was no problem from there.
    I think that's Office 2007 running under Vista.

Right, the best thing is to download the latest Desktop Manager software since you are going to be using it for a while and you may as well start off with the latest stuff.

Please download and install 450_b016_english.exe from here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22.

When installed, connect your phone and wait while the connection establishes itself. Select Synchronize, Configuration, Synchronization and select the Synchronization button. Now select Calendar and then Setup. Then select Outlook, Next and then 'Two way sync', Next. Select whaich options you want from this screen, Next, Finish, OK, Main Menu, Synchronize and then (at last) the Synchronize button. You should now have done it. Have a beer.
    06-22-08 02:45 PM
    Welcome, you'll be an expert in no time. Hang in there!
    06-22-08 02:48 PM
    Having just waded thru' the new and simpler - NOT - DM 4.5, I am now an expert

expert
    EX as in 'has been'
    SPERT as in drip under pressure.
    06-22-08 03:34 PM
    lol, must be Miller time in Europe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-08 04:18 PM
    I could'nt do anything with my Curve 8330 from Verizon until I got on here and went through all the lectures and I understand it 100 times better than I did last week,and I am learning more everyday.

Thank You very much for letting me use this site.
    06-22-08 04:25 PM
    Hey Juan
    I can totally relate. I had the same volume problem when I got my curve 8330
    I even spent an hour with verizon tech support and they sent me a new phone thinking the first one was defective. It wasn't... I figured it out before the replacement phone got here!!!!

So to get volume..

Go to profiles click ( press down on trackball) and scroll down to advance and click. say you are in Normal ( active) mode. that profile will be highlighted.
    click on that. scroll down to phone and click.
    there it will say out of holster: none, tone, vibrate, vibrate +tone.
    Highlight which you want and then click the menu button and choose save.

then check ringtone make sure its not mute choose a ringtone, either preloaded or one you've down loaded and choose save.

then look at your volume: see that it's not set on mute. choose the setting of your choice and again save it.

you can do the same for "in the Holster"

you will need to do this for each profile i.e. normal, loud etc

hopefully that will help with you volume and ringer issues.

welcome the the wonderful world of BB

Cheri
    06-22-08 04:31 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD