Hi everyone,
    I tried using search but didn't find exactly what I wanted to know, so forgive me if this has already been asked...
    I would love to buy a pink curve 8320, but it is a Verizon phone, and I am using T-Mobile. According to some websites, the phone is unlocked...

Blackberry 8320 Curve Pink Unlocked GSM Cell Phone T-Mobile [BLACKBERRY 8320 PINK T-MOBILE] - $279.00 : Verizon Wireless Phones, GSM Cell Phone, NO Contracts! CellKraze.com

So, has anyone ever bought this sort of phone and used it with your T-Mobile service? I'd love to hear some real life experiences to help me decide if it is worth getting this phone.

Thanks in advance.
    09-08-09 01:13 PM
    No. You can't do it. There is no SIM card in a verizon curve which is a 8330 btw
    09-08-09 01:17 PM
    VZW=CDMA=NO SIM CARD (Unless you have a Quad-Band Phone which has a SIM CARD slot only for outside of USA use!)
    T-Mobile=GSM=SIM CARD!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 01:24 PM
    No. You can't do it. There is no SIM card in a verizon curve which is a 8330 btw
    What I meant, is that I would like to use my SIM card (from my current phone) in the curve, but I just want to know before I buy it is, will this phone work with my T-Mobile service?
    09-08-09 01:25 PM
    Uhh, the one you linked is actually a T-Mo phone, and not Verizon.
    "THIS IS THE PINK EDITION OF THE BLACKBERRY 8320 AND IS UNLOCKED TO THE T-MOBILE NETWORK"

"Blackberry 8320 Curve Pink Unlocked GSM Cell Phone T-Mobile"

So, yes, it should work on T Mobile, since it's a GSM T Mobile device.

Where did you get the idea it was a VZW phone? Or is this link only an example?
    09-08-09 01:26 PM
    VZW=CDMA=NO SIM CARD (Unless you have a Quad-Band Phone which has a SIM CARD slot only for outside of USA use!)
    T-Mobile=GSM=SIM CARD!

Okay, so T-Mobile SIM cards do not work in Verizon phones? I guess they only can be used in AT&T phones, right?

That ad is misleading, then... GRRRR.
    09-08-09 01:29 PM
    Uhh, the one you linked is actually a T-Mo phone, and not Verizon.
    "THIS IS THE PINK EDITION OF THE BLACKBERRY 8320 AND IS UNLOCKED TO THE T-MOBILE NETWORK"

"Blackberry 8320 Curve Pink Unlocked GSM Cell Phone T-Mobile"

So, yes, it should work on T Mobile, since it's a GSM T Mobile device.

Where did you get the idea it was a VZW phone? Or is this link only an example?
    When I clicked on the "larger image" thingy, the bigger picture shows the phone is a Verizon brand, unless they are using the wrong picture for the phone that they are selling!
    09-08-09 01:31 PM
    Okay, so T-Mobile SIM cards do not work in Verizon phones? I guess they only can be used in AT&T phones, right?

That ad is misleading, then... GRRRR.
    VZW doesn't use SIM CARDS! They only have SIM CARDS for Quad-Band phones which are to be used with SIM CARDS while your outside of the USA. When you go over to Europe, you can buy a prepaid SIM CARD then insert it into your Tour/Storm/8830/Other VZW Quad-band phone.

Last edited by Tripster; 09-08-09 at 01:38 PM.
    09-08-09 01:35 PM
    When I clicked on the "larger image" thingy, the bigger picture shows the phone is a Verizon brand, unless they are using the wrong picture for the phone that they are selling!
    If they can't be bothered with offering the correct information (or non-conflicting) on what they're selling, you might want to stay away from them. Their price is not "super bargain" anyway.
    If you want pink, buy a T Mobile phone & put a pink shell on it.
    09-08-09 01:52 PM
    The problem isn't T-Mobile to Verizon. It's GSM to CDMA. Verizon, Sprint and Alltel do not use SIM cards in their non-international phones, and the Curve is not an international phone anyway.
    09-08-09 06:14 PM
    The problem isn't T-Mobile to Verizon. It's GSM to CDMA. Verizon, Sprint and Alltel do not use SIM cards in their non-international phones, and the Curve is not an international phone anyway.
    I basically said that already!

09-08-09 06:19 PM
    I basically said that already!
    Thanks for everyone's time and patience while explaining this to me, even if it wasn't the answer I hoped for, at least I won't waste money on this phone, so it was helpful to me.
    09-08-09 06:53 PM
    Thanks for everyone's time and patience while explaining this to me, even if it wasn't the answer I hoped for, at least I won't waste money on this phone, so it was helpful to me.
    Your very welcome and another tip, only buy phones from true authorized dealers.

09-08-09 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD