Has anyone tried downloading the Blackberry maps onto the Curve 8310 with AT&T service? I have heard that even though the Blackberry site says it is not available for AT&T, it can still be downloaded and will work.
    02-25-08 05:58 PM
    I just did it the other day. I have not noticed any problems at all. GPS acquires satellites and its awesome! Everything works perfect.
    02-25-08 06:03 PM
    Garrett,
    Did you have to make any changes to your Blackberry or did you just download and start using? Didn't know if there would be conflicts with the AT&T Curves since the BB website says not available on the AT&T network.
    02-25-08 06:08 PM
    I downloaded it the other day and it seems to work fine for me too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-08 06:55 PM
    when you are using BB Maps, does it automatically re- calculate your trip based on your current location? ( like the real/ stand alone GPS)?

Google Map only could refresh your current location, but not your trip.
    02-25-08 10:35 PM
    when you are using BB Maps, does it automatically re- calculate your trip based on your current location? ( like the real/ stand alone GPS)?

Google Map only could refresh your current location, but not your trip.
    That's an excellent question. Hopefully someone who uses these can provide us with an answer. I'm still trying to decide which is better before I download one of them!!
    02-26-08 10:37 AM
    Tele Nav re-calculates, don't know if that's what BB Maps is or not. I have the older curve so I added the GPS module. Re-routes for traffic is what it says when I change from the path it has chosen.
    02-26-08 10:56 AM
    Google Maps and Blackberry Maps will not re-calculate your route if you miss a turn. TeleNav GPS does and a couple of others but I don't know how good they are. TeleNav is great but you have to pay a monthly fee for it.
    02-26-08 12:39 PM
    okay so how do I download this map thing and is it free?
    02-27-08 10:12 AM
    okay so how do I download this map thing and is it free?
    I did download the Blackberry maps yesterday and they work fine. You can get them at Blackberry.com and they are free.
    02-27-08 10:33 AM
    I just downloaded Google Maps...LOVE IT!!
    02-27-08 10:56 AM
    thank you crimsontide!!!!
    02-27-08 10:58 AM
    You are welcome. When you go to Blackberry.com, the site will say that BB maps are not available on the AT&T network, just ignore it and go ahead and download!!!! I am with AT&T also.
    02-27-08 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD