Hi

Just got me a new 8900 and now thinking about selling my 8320.
    How do you reset the device to erase all memory i.e. contacts calendar etc. and set it back to original?

Thanks

Tom
    03-08-09 04:38 AM
    gotta wipe it and then re-load the original OS. search for forums on these topics, they are everywhere.
    03-08-09 04:48 AM
    You don't need to reload the OS after wiping your BB, just do the following:

Options > Security Options > General Settings, Menu >Wipe Handheld

This will wipe all personal information from the BB, but leave the OS intact.

Before you wipe the old BB, use DM's Device Switch wizard to transfer your contacts and messages to your new BB.
    03-08-09 05:15 AM
    You should also log-in to your carrier's BIS site and delete your old BB's PIN from any email accounts so the new owner of your old BB won't have any problems with setting up their email accounts.

T-Mo BIS site
    03-08-09 05:20 AM
    Wow,

Thanks guys for the quick reply!
    Ive been a BB user for a while now but just recently found this site. Dont know how I managed

Thanks again

Tom
    03-08-09 06:33 AM
    Yeppers. Not much to wiping the device. I am glad you found the answer you were searching for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 06:38 AM
    You should also log-in to your carrier's BIS site and delete your old BB's PIN from any email accounts so the new owner of your old BB won't have any problems with setting up their email accounts.

T-Mo BIS site
    Question, could he not just go into the BIS and select switch devices.

Again, just a question.

msblueline
    03-08-09 06:40 AM
    Question, could he not just go into the BIS and select switch devices.

Again, just a question.

msblueline
    The original owner can log into the BIS and do device change, which would free the PIN for the buyer.
    03-08-09 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD