Thanks to shortstop51001, I have a new BeckyMae custom housing that she could not use.

It's gorgeous, but I am a giant dork and overtightened one of the screws on the back and now have a gap above my LED indicator. Anyone have a suggestion for fixing it?

I've thought about taking it apart and trying to carefully superglue it back together, then after it dries, gently re-screwing it.

Please tell me someone else has done this and has an easy fix!! No one else has noticed it, but I know it's there...

Thanks everyone!
    10-30-08 10:23 AM
    Can you post a picture? Not exactly sure what the gap looks like and how you could fix it. Pics would help if you have the means.
    10-30-08 10:25 AM
    Untighten it?
    10-30-08 10:27 AM
    Ouch! Sorry to hear about that. Only advice I can give is once you do get it off, put a little dab of silicone grease on the screw thread before you tighten them. I know that doesn't help you now but, for future reference...

Good Luck!
    10-30-08 10:34 AM
    Untighten it?
    I can't even tighten it. I should have been more specific. I overtightened it, heard a slight "snap" and now it won't tighten at all. I think I cracked the screw hole. That's why I was thinking I could dismantle it again, glue the crack, wait for it to dry, then screw it together again.

I don't have a camera at work w/ me, so I'll have to wait till tonight to take a pic. Imagine if you look at the berry from the top, the housing doesn't sit flush on the black top rail, above the LED and just around the corner as it goes down to the side. The side rails do sit flush though.
    10-30-08 10:52 AM
    Ohhhh ok, so basically the screw isnt attached to the front face plate, so there is a gap.. hmmm
    10-30-08 10:55 AM
    id say its cracked on the inside...I dunno how well its gonna hold if you glue it cause once its tightened down its gonna put stress on the crack again and will eventually fail. Maybe try an epoxy or some serious type of crazy glue
    10-30-08 10:58 AM
    id say its cracked on the inside...I dunno how well its gonna hold if you glue it cause once its tightened down its gonna put stress on the crack again and will eventually fail. Maybe try an epoxy or some serious type of crazy glue

Yeah, I was thinking some sort of hobby epoxy made for plastics. I'm pretty sure it is cracked on the inside, but it was the last piece to screw in and I didn't want to undo the whole thing to look. Shortstop already put the BSE on the housing, so I'm going to wear the thing out for sure. (she did a FAB job putting it on too!)

I have another silver housing I bought and some lighter pink fusion spray paint to paint it with, but since I have the BSE on this one, I'll wait to paint the other.

Thanks for your help everyone!
    10-30-08 03:49 PM
    This happened to me when I was trying to put a Curve back together. The screw sheared off into the front faceplate, so if you were to unscrew it, only half of the screw would come back out.

I ended up using a microscope, a pointy object and tweezers to dethread the piece. You'll have to end up buying a new set of screws too. Check for a local cell repair shop to see if they have the screws. If not some places online have them.

Good luck!
    10-30-08 04:33 PM
    Yeah, I was thinking some sort of hobby epoxy made for plastics. I'm pretty sure it is cracked on the inside, but it was the last piece to screw in and I didn't want to undo the whole thing to look. Shortstop already put the BSE on the housing, so I'm going to wear the thing out for sure. (she did a FAB job putting it on too!)

I have another silver housing I bought and some lighter pink fusion spray paint to paint it with, but since I have the BSE on this one, I'll wait to paint the other.

Thanks for your help everyone!
    yea, you got a good deal on it since it had the BSE on it and was brand new, never even test fitted...she does do a good job with skins, she put one on my digital camera for me lol
    10-30-08 05:02 PM
    I'd say try an epoxy. That's all I think will work. If you can post a picture of this gap, it may help.
    10-30-08 05:33 PM
    AWE!! Your poor berry I hope that you can get it fixed. Def post a pic so maybe people can help you better, and maybe i just want to see what the finished product looks like as i have never seen it mounted on a berry!

And thanks for the props on the BSE! I have put so many on EVERYTHING i think i'm at pro status by now....it's such a pain in the **** tho
    10-30-08 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD