Do i have to subscribe to the service in order for the GPS to work on my phone or is there a third party app i can install and use the GPS without paying the 10 bucks monthly?
    11-09-07 12:15 PM
    google maps is great get it from your bb browser at

google.com/gmm
    11-09-07 12:37 PM
    Try these freebies:
    GoogleMaps (as stated above)
    Blackberry Maps (should already be in your phone)
    Amaze GPS
    Nav4All - Free gps navigation for your mobile phone!
    Last edited by JoeBlackberry; 11-09-07 at 02:23 PM.
    11-09-07 02:20 PM
    I subscribe to Telenav and use my GPS frequently. I swear by it. I have never used any of the apps they have mentioned they may be equally as good I am just sharing my views of Telenav. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    11-09-07 02:57 PM
    Google Maps is great, but as far as convenience goes, Telenav wins hands down, thanks to vocal prompts. (especially since driving while under the influence of Crack is illegal)

lol.
    11-09-07 03:32 PM
    I have the same question TexasMason did,,, am I going to be charged monthly or anything for using the Telenav app? I have at&t by the way....
    11-09-07 03:57 PM
    i did all the downloads for nav4all and when you get to the end in the disclaimer before you set up the last step its says nav4all is free of charge till 2008...what happens after that if it is supposedly free?? whats the catch?????? Is the other free one better???
    11-09-07 09:17 PM
    i did all the downloads for nav4all and when you get to the end in the disclaimer before you set up the last step its says nav4all is free of charge till 2008...what happens after that if it is supposedly free?? whats the catch?????? Is the other free one better???
    11-09-07 09:33 PM
    I have the same question TexasMason did,,, am I going to be charged monthly or anything for using the Telenav app? I have at&t by the way....
    Yes, you'll be charged $9.95 for TeleNav. You may get the first month free to try it out, though.
    11-09-07 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD