Hey guys whenever I try to find myself on a map with my BB it TAKES FOREVER for it to find my location, and more than half the time it never does. Any help?
    11-18-08 07:17 PM
    It does it on google maps, BB maps, and trapster. So it has to be something with the device.
    11-18-08 07:30 PM
    Keep in mind the BB needs a clear view of the sky to communicate with the GPS satellites.
    11-18-08 08:00 PM
    i do beleive that the GPS functions are pretty limited or locked unless you subscribe to a GPS service through your service provider.
    11-18-08 08:56 PM
    If you've refreshed your GPS location and acquired longitude and latitude readings, your BB will find you on a Google Map or LiveSearch Map by using a combination of local cell towers and your current BB L/L coordinates. Maybe you've lost your GPS settings...? (Advanced options > GPS) And as pltaylor said above - you need an unobstructed view of the sky for it to work effectively.
    Last edited by eBud; 11-19-08 at 12:09 PM.
    11-19-08 12:05 PM
    I can be sitting in my house, no veiw of the sky, bow indows around and sprint navigation map pinpoint shows exactly where I am. Its extremly accurate, I love it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 08:09 PM
    i do beleive that the GPS functions are pretty limited or locked unless you subscribe to a GPS service through your service provider.
    I thought that was just verison?
    11-19-08 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD