I got a warranty replacement and this unit i guess has something wrong with the GPS? Maybe a setting or two?

When i try to use Beyond411 and the new Microsoft TellMe, and elect to have them find my location based on my GPS, it cannot find my GPS cordinates.

I went into options, settings, and did the refresh GPS and i come up with no results.

Ive seen things about ATT locking certain features and was curious if there was something i had to do to get the GPS to work.

On my original Curve Beyond411 worked find GPS wise.
    04-23-08 10:31 PM
    You may need to set permissions for those applications. Do the following:

Open your options > advanced options > applications and wait for the list to populate. Once it does, find the applications that are giving you trouble and scroll over them to highlight them, then press menu (button left of the trackball) > Edit Permissions >highlight "connections" and press the space bar, the scroll to "location (GPS)" and make sure it is set to ALLOW.

If it is already set to allow, then I am not sure what to tell you. You could have gotten a "bad Berry."
    04-23-08 10:52 PM
    I went ahead and checked the permissions and all of them were set to allow.

Hoping I didn't get a faulty gps on this replacement curve, what are other tests or settings I can try?

Should I try the .194 os that's available or is this a more hardware related issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-08 11:07 PM
    If this is your first time locking GPS onto the device, it'll take quite a bit of time for GPS to catch an initial signal...up to 20 mins sometimes. Make sure you're out in the open with clear skies for the first time initial lock. good luck and keep trying. AT&T did not cripple their GPS.
    04-24-08 01:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD