im trying to find out which nav system to use. i wasnt a big fan of nav for all but i liked that the backlight would stay on. i like the way yahoo go was set up. BB maps cant ever find me. is telenav all its made out to be? worth the $10 a month?
    03-24-08 08:25 PM
    I don't have GPS, but I use Google maps - and I've heard it works well with GPS.
    03-24-08 08:32 PM
    I use Telenav on a daily basis and love it. It always gets me where I need to be and reroutes me if I get off track. I love the voice prompts as well. For me, it is worth the $.
    03-24-08 09:11 PM
    I use google maps weekly. It works really good with the gps on your curve,it gets your location within 3 meters. And a great plus IT'S FREE.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-08 10:08 PM
    give nav4all a shot and see what cha think..its free and gives voice prompts also
    03-24-08 10:20 PM
    Have you tried mapquest. It costs $50, but it very easy to use and accurate. I think that there is a 7 day trial.
    03-25-08 07:39 AM
    i use google maps, its free and it works well if you want a voice guided free app use aMaze at www.amazegps.com. it is a great free app
    03-25-08 08:03 AM
    i use Garmin Mobile, I think its $100 a year. works pretty slick.
    03-25-08 12:17 PM
    I use Google Maps. Its free and does the job. I don't even have GPS. Who really needs turn-by-turn directions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-08 01:27 PM
    You can keep the backlight on with BB Maps.
    03-25-08 01:31 PM
    I've tried a few of these and found the following:

Telenav - this was by far the best performing product I've tried. Unfortunately, I only have use for in-car nav about 2-3 times a year so the $10 a month isn't justified.

Google Maps - Runs so slow on my 8310 that I can't even make a menu selection. The delay when you move the trackball is painful.

Amaze - seems to do a good job and the voice prompts are nice on a dark rainy night. The startup times are slow but once running it isn't too bad. I found if you zoom in to far then the maps can't download as fast as you drive through them.

BB Maps - For me the lack of voice prompts is a deal killer. I don't like staring at the screen while I'm trying to drive in heavy traffic in an unfamiliar area.
    03-25-08 06:33 PM
    I use an external gps it works via bluetooth. Works very well with my BB. So this way I don't use my data plan.
    03-25-08 06:52 PM
    I don't think any of the phone functions stack up against a stand alone unit. Just my opinion. I'll stick with free when it comes to gps on the phone, thus bb maps it is.

ps: own a tom tom
    03-25-08 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD