I am unable to install Gtalk, AIM, Sprint Navigation, Yahoo, or anything "official" from RIM. I was able to do an OTA install of BB App World though. Apps won't install there either. Is this phone bad? Service book problem? The browser works otherwise and I've been able to install 3rd party stuff like google sync and Ubertwitter.
    11-16-09 06:21 PM
    call 1 877 808 3895 see if they can reset ... but call from land lline
    11-16-09 06:45 PM
    I just completely wiped the phone and resent the Service books still having problems.
    11-16-09 06:56 PM
    I'm going through the exact same thing. I tried downloading (OTA) all my old apps and the browser kept timing out, Sprint Navigation kept failing, etc... so I tried to update the OS OTA and it kept failing. Sigh. Phone is three hours old. I switch to the PC, dl the new OS for Sprint (well, new to this phone [.175]) and my phone nuked. Waiting on the total reinstall now. I know nothing in this post is helping your situation, I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone.

edit: This phone is a replacement to my previous Curve (three months old) due to the trackball burning out (well, not the trackball but the board itself)
    11-16-09 08:30 PM
    I too just activated my new curve b/c my other one was having problems.. I cannot access, Browers, BB App World, FB, and weatherbug..

Plus i REALLY need to update BBM.. 4.5 yuk lol.. I am to hooked on 5.0.33
    11-16-09 08:57 PM
    Hopefully you have better luck than I did. My berry nuked, just finished the wipe/reinstall and it seems to work now. Of course this is a bad time to realize I haven't backed up my phone in 5 weeks
    11-16-09 09:01 PM
    I called Sprint. They verified a network problem at RIM.
    11-16-09 09:17 PM
    I called Sprint. They verified a network problem at RIM.
    Wow, knowing that would have saved some furniture a quick trip through the air about two hours ago. Guess I'll just have to wait til the morning to get my fix of new apps and proggies. Thanks for the info, Gunny.
    11-16-09 09:22 PM
    I hope you realize that RIM is having browser Issues...
    11-16-09 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD