Hey everyone,

I'm new to the board, just letting you know I've upgraded to the CDMA 8330 from my good ol reliable and fun treo 650.

I just wanted to introduce myself, and thank all of you for the opinions and posts available in helping make this decision to jump ship from palm. I loved the functionality of my Treo 650, the touch screen, the multimedia, sync'ing with Outlook, etc.

My decision for a new phone was between this curve and the storm, and from reading everoyne's posts about the matter, I feel confident I made the right choice.

My initial questions:

1) is there anything I MUST have on the phone that didn't already come with it or wasn't established through the "Set-up" wizard?

2) What's the best AUDIO (mp3) and VIDEO (.wma, .flv, divx, mp4, .ogg) player(s) available? Are they OEM on the phone, what's the best player that everyone seems to use. An example coming from Palm, the best mp3 player BAR none was POCKET-TUNEs (customizable skins, great quality, etc.)
    What should I be looking for?

3) I noticed I had Docs to Go on this phone, powerpoint and word but no Excel, how do I get excel?

4) Is there a lot of third part programs available for this phone as there was for Palm OS (games, productivity, utilities), can they all be found here what are the resources?

If you could help answer some of these questions, it would be much appreciated, thank you in advanced. Oh, and from reading this board, I've also ordered an 8900 trackball for added smoothness.
    Last edited by m4gician; 01-03-09 at 05:04 PM.
    01-03-09 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD