My friend gave me the phone and she said it keeps trying to voice dial. is there a way to fix this? I havent checked to see if it has been updated or anything has been modified. dont think it has.

also while i am here...its for Verizon...can i unlock it for Sprint?
    07-07-09 09:57 AM
    When a BlackBerry comes out the box, the left side convenience key is always set to Voice Dialing. Maybe that was her problem and she always kept pressing it. You can disable it by going to Options>>Screen/Keyboard>>Left Side Convenience Key and change it to whatever you want.

Give me a second and I'll post a link on how to unlock a BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 10:01 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/unlo...-anyone-20002/

07-07-09 10:02 AM
    THANKS

ill mess around and see whats up
    07-07-09 10:13 AM
    i agree with the left toggle. just change it to switch app like i did and no voice dialing problems

07-07-09 11:21 AM
    i agree with the left toggle. just change it to switch app like i did and no voice dialing problems
    I agree. However, if the problem is something like a stuck left button, just switch the function to "nothing" until you can get it repaired.
    07-07-09 11:52 AM
    i still havent picked up the phone yet.

she just told me verizon would update the phone and it would stop then come back. she said she tried to disable it in phone and it still would come up.

i plan to just wipe the whole damn thing out,unlock it,bring it up to newest OS and see what goes down.
    07-21-09 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD