I received my invite for google voice last night and jumped on it. I was looking through the settings before adding it to my friends and family and I have a question I'm hoping someone can please answer for me.
    I just downgraded my plan to the 1400 minute plan so this will help me out so much, its great. But in the settings for the google voice account, you can choose to have calls going to the GV number to show up as who is calling, or your actual GV number. If I add my GV number to my friends and family, will I have to set my GV account to show as my number when I receive calls through it, or will it still be free on my friends and family account if I have it show up as the actual person who is calling? I hate to screen my calls, and would rather have the caller id show up, but if it means free minutes i'll screen if i have to. Just need some info on this before I start to give out the number.

BTW, you don't need to buy the GV dialer app if you just bookmark the google voice mobile site to call out and send sms from your GV number. THAT much I've figured out.
    07-04-09 02:42 AM
    Yes you need to set GV # to show because the friends and family is based of caller id.

Read: Verizon Friends and Family = Free Calls?? - Google Voice Help
    07-16-09 08:54 PM
    But google voice app calls different numbers when dialing a contact

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 09:07 AM
    from what I've read and seen the GV App does dial an access number. What i've read though is they are working on this. You will need to add both your GV number and this access number it dials when using the app.

If you are not using the GV App you only need to add your GV number
    07-17-09 11:45 AM
    from what I've read and seen the GV App does dial an access number. What i've read though is they are working on this. You will need to add both your GV number and this access number it dials when using the app.

If you are not using the GV App you only need to add your GV number
    I'm using the official app, and if you look at your phone log it is different every time. I guess I'll call my goognumber to call people
    07-18-09 12:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD