im looking to add google maps in place of the bb maps but each time i try to download it, i get a message saying "sorry, google maps does not work on your research in motion ltd. any help out there will be greatly appreciated
    12-12-08 03:11 AM
    As of now only BB Maps will work with your Curve. The other
    developers have to rewrite/update the code for their apps to
    work with your unit.
    12-12-08 03:23 AM
    I will normally never argue with anything amazing says. However, just to clarify.....

GoogleMaps will work on your Verizon Curve, BUT you will not have access to GPS. Essentially you can enter an address and get directions to it, and by use of triangulation it sort of guess your location. I've always thought Google Maps was better until GPS was unlocked for BB Maps, now it's a no brainer.
    12-12-08 04:17 AM
    Thanks for the clarification Sultan. I was thinking strictly in terms
    of using the internal GPS (AT&T user). But you are correct about
    the triangulation.
    12-12-08 04:35 AM
    You are still the man I'm just like your little assistant or something lol
    12-12-08 04:49 AM
    Actually google maps does work with the gps in the curve 8330. I have nothing but great things using the google maps app.
    12-12-08 02:11 PM
    im looking to add google maps in place of the bb maps but each time i try to download it, i get a message saying "sorry, google maps does not work on your research in motion ltd. any help out there will be greatly appreciated
    I have Google Maps version 2.3.2 installed on my Verizon 8830 running OS4.2. Since I don't have OS4.5, my internal GPS is still locked. When I read AG's note, I wondered if Google might have blocked Maps from being downloaded to Verizon BlackBerries while they coded to use the newly unlocked internal GPS. To test this idea, I went to Google and attempted to download 2.3.2 (which is still the current version) again. It downloaded and installed without any problem. Which pretty well disproves my supposition. But it also means you should be able to download it as well. Are you using the BBBrowser? And do you have it set to emulate BlackBerry? Those are common causes of download failures.
    12-12-08 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD