Does Google Maps ever just hang and not reload or refresh the maps? I guess this is one thing (which is minor) that has always bothered me ever switching from a Treo 700wx to my Sprint 8330. Google maps on my Treo was as smooth as an iPhone scrolling around, and loaded it's map data very quickly. What is the deal with Google Maps on the Curve? Is it because it has to go through BIS and then to my phone because it's slower than sin, Sometimes it does nothing at all. When it works, which is about 65% of the time, it works well. Anybody else experience issues? Feel free to share.
    09-06-08 01:53 AM
    Google maps does run slow at times on my device as well. Of note, make sure you are not just using the ESC key to exit the program. Use the close command, otherwise the program continues to run in the background and this could really slow down the device with other applications.
    09-06-08 05:26 AM
    Sometimes it runs great, sometimes it hangs to the point where I have to close it. Last night, I did a search, and it hung while doing the search.
    09-06-08 06:15 AM
    Same thing happens to me. I also notice that my signal bars drop down to 0 when that is occuring. Anybody seeing that as well?

I suspect its a data thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 05:25 PM
    I also notice that my signal bars drop down to 0 when that is occuring. Anybody seeing that as well?
    My phone does that every time I access data. I think it's "normal"....don't quote me.
    10-07-08 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD