Hi all,

Today I updated and sent my service books to my 8330 and updated to BIS 2.6.

My Calendar, that I have is synced with Google Calendar. All were dup'd when I went into my calendar on the 8330 (i know, ive seen this in other posts, but cant find the answer, each seems to have its own set of circumstances)

I have five email address, none gmail, all IMAP. I read to delete the Calic or somthing like that file. I did, in service books that was, what I thought was associated with the calendar.

It did nothing.

I deleted all of my appts on the 8330, and then resent the service books back to my phone so I had the cal files back.

I then sync'd with google. They all came back, but when I click on them now, they say they "HAVE BEEN DELETED EXTERNALLY, ALL CHANGES WILL BE BE LOST AND CALENDAR CLOSED".

So i see them, but they are marked as deleted..YIKES.

Im a bit frustrated, I live off this calendar for dozens of appts a day.

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks.

Mark
    03-27-09 12:43 PM
    Too funny.

When my calendar syncs with google calendar, it updates it, but the new ones is also seen as deleted from an external source...where the **** is this external source?

And they all say they have been deleted, and when I try to delete them on the phone, they wont delete.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ha
    03-27-09 12:55 PM
    Had the same problem recently. I removed all calendar appt's using Google sync, hit reset sync. Then hit OK. If that does not work, use DM and go to back up and restore and advance, then calendar hit delete to remove only them. Close Desktop manager.

After they are all removed. Battery pull.

Once phone is back on you should see nothing in the calendar at all.

Reset up Google Sync. Add in calendars.

You should see everything that is on Google calendar.

Question for you though do you happen to sync your device with outlook as well? If not disregard the question.
    03-27-09 12:55 PM
    No, I dont use outlook....

Im in the middle of doing what you said. The first thing didnt work. The reset still showed the deleted ones.

Now its booting, this is getting tense! lol....

Darn, still there! This is nuts.
    03-27-09 01:13 PM
    Ok, i see what I did.

When i was in the ADVANCED part of Backup/restore, I transferred it to the pc then deleted it, I didnt notice i could CLEAR it on the device. I just did and bingo..no appt. Lets see if the sync goes well this time.

Thanks alot man.

I really appreciate it...my life IS a schedule!

I owe you one! Not sure how i'll get it to you, but if i get one, i'll figure out how to get it to you? (huh? lol)
    03-27-09 01:17 PM
    That work?
    03-27-09 01:20 PM
    When I had gmail setup as imap the calender would not sync right. Appts entered on BB would not update on google.

When I switched the gmail account back to pop it started syncing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 01:24 PM
    Worked like a charm dude!

I now have all of my appts back and usable! NICE WORK GUY!

Ive seen alot of these things on here since BIS 2.6.....not a cool feature of 2.6..lol.

Whats next..."update to 2.7 and have all of your girlfriends phone numbers sent to your wife?" LOL...
    03-27-09 01:26 PM
    Good to hear
    03-27-09 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD