Hi all,

I am trying to start using my GMAIL account with my new Curve. I found some awesome help on this site and now have my two AOL accounts being retrieved by my GMAIL account.

So, I have all three accounts set up in BIS.

First, do I still need by two AOL accounts set up through BIS now that they are being retrieved by GMAIL? (Although it seems like gmail picks them up very randomly and not very quickly)

Okay, Then, I saw a Google Apps folder and downloaded it and signed into my google account. HUMMMM the emails were beautiful and easy to read.. Not all of the garbage that I had been seeing under my regular messages folder. What a treat. BUT, as I am reading more about Google Apps this is what I found " Google Apps email addresses are issued by an IT admin, not created by individual".
    Are Google Apps e-mail addresses - as above - and Gmail that is being veiwed through Google Apps two totally separate things?

So, If I am signing into Gmail through Google APPS, do I still need my GMAIL account in BIS??

Is there a way to have my red and white GMAIL envelope on the main menu instead of inside the GOOGLE APPS folder?

How would anyone know this stuff because I can promise you that the "brainchildren" at my local Cellular South store WOULD NOT..

I really appreciate any help...SO MUCH!
    10-12-08 09:57 PM
    This is my impression:

GOOGLE APPS
    is something different from the "Google Application for Blackberry" -- it IS for corporate use. They define it as:
    Software-as-a-service for business email, information sharing and security

Whether your business is moving everything to the cloud, just wants an affordable email solution or struggles to give employees access to critical information, Google Apps will help you stretch resources and work smarter.
    Welcome to Google Apps

GMAIL
    will periodically retrieve your emails from other email accounts (such as AOL). You can use the GMAIL application or you can use the account as a BIS mailbox. Or you may be able to just set up the AOL accounts as BIS mailboxes.
    10-12-08 10:03 PM
    This is my impression:

GOOGLE APPS
    is something different from the "Google Application for Blackberry" -- it IS for corporate use. They define it as:

Welcome to Google Apps

GMAIL
    will periodically retrieve your emails from other email accounts (such as AOL). You can use the GMAIL application or you can use the account as a BIS mailbox. Or you may be able to just set up the AOL accounts as BIS mailboxes.
    Thanks P Smurf! I am a little more clear about Google Mobile Apps and Google Application for Blackberry now.. Two different things. Okay,
    what about the rest...

Anyone with info about the Google Mobile Apps mail set up? Can you send attachments or is more for simple INBOX retrieval. If I have my AOL being fetched by Gmail, do I still need Gmail and Aol accounts in BIS??

Thanks so much to everyone...
    10-13-08 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD