My company has switched e-mail servers from Outlook to Gmail. There apparently is a way I can access a Gmail account from my 8330 using an app from Google. However, the problem is that my e-mail ends with dfwpainting.com and I can't find an app that will allow me to access my e-mail from my phone. My boss told me that there is such an app and that it looks like the Gmail icon but it is blue where as the 1 I have is red. Is there anybody out there that can help me solve this issue?
    07-13-08 05:38 PM
    Visit m.google.com/a from your BlackBerry web browser. Then, launch the application with the blue "M" icon from your BlackBerry home screen or from the applications folder.
    07-13-08 06:33 PM
    thanks for your help. worked out great. is there a way to get e-mail alerts from this app when i have a new e-mail?
    07-14-08 12:35 PM
    I'm trying to load the Gmail app for a hosted domain other than gmail.com. My old 8700 BB worked fine. My new 8330 curve doesn't show the "Blue M" option when I browse to
    m.gmail.com/a

ideas? Java related?

John
    10-27-08 01:09 PM
    The "Blue M" is dead. The "Red M" can now do BOTH.

If you have both a Gmail and Google Apps email account, you can easily switch between them quickly. You will no longer have to use two different mobile apps to access personal and work emails.

googlemobile.blogspot.com/2008/10/introducing-gmail-for-mobile-20.html

John
    10-31-08 12:24 PM
    thanks for your help. worked out great. is there a way to get e-mail alerts from this app when i have a new e-mail?
    You will notice the red notification light go off when you have an email in the Gmail app, but can not set up any audible alert, you must use the BIS or BES for that.
    10-31-08 12:30 PM
    I would just set up the gmail account as a push email through the phone. Makes it a lot easier.
    11-12-08 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD