And Hello 2 new phones...HTC G1 and RIM 8900...YAY

I picked up an 8900 a week ago and got my G1 yesterday. I will be writing reviews and comparisons for the two. I think both are great phones in their own ways so far.

I will be selling my 8320.

It is all black! Black G1 trackball, black front housing,back door, keypad, and side rails. 4.5 OS. asking $175 shipped. Email me for more info and pics
    [email protected]
    03-03-09 03:27 PM
    Can't wait to read your reviews!
    03-03-09 03:33 PM
    The 8900 is my fave device of them all...
    03-03-09 03:34 PM
    Thanks guys. The 8900 is amazing so far. Its fast and reliable. I honestly, can barely tell the difference between 3G and EDGE in a good area.The G1 has some really great free apps, that no one for blackberry is making. Sadly RIMs old JAVA based OS is outdated. The G1 does forceclose alot of programs and is not as sleek and compact/sexy as the 8900. I will write some in depth reviews over the next few days.

PS. Someone buy my Curve, it needs a loving home.
    03-03-09 07:38 PM
    I didn't think the new Curve had 3G...? But I believe both would be amazing phones. Lucky you. I have been wanting the new G1 but sadly I would lack the 3G since t-mobile has the wacky band that my AT&T SIM wouldn't be able to use. But I hope that you have a fun time with both phones. Post some pictures of all your phones, and drop your sale of your old Curve in the Marketplace so you don't get tortured by admins :P
    03-03-09 07:45 PM
    I didn't think the new Curve had 3G...? But I believe both would be amazing phones. Lucky you. I have been wanting the new G1 but sadly I would lack the 3G since t-mobile has the wacky band that my AT&T SIM wouldn't be able to use. But I hope that you have a fun time with both phones. Post some pictures of all your phones, and drop your sale of your old Curve in the Marketplace so you don't get tortured by admins :P
    The 8900 isn't 3G, he's comparing the G1's 3G to the 8900's EDGE.
    03-03-09 07:47 PM
    The 8900 isn't 3G, he's comparing the G1's 3G to the 8900's EDGE.
    Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up if I missed it from not reading carefully.
    03-03-09 07:50 PM
    Sorry about that, i wasnt very descriptive, i was too excited playing with all of my toys. LOL. The 3G speed of the HTC G1 isnt really that much faster then the 8900's EDGE if your in a good connection area.

I would drop my phone in market place but i dont have 100 stupid posts. That rule is ********. Why should i post if i have nothing to say. Should i go post 60 more times of worthlessness to threads? Its a shame some people get ripped off, because stupid rules soon follow, LOL. I have been lurking this board for awhile, and only post when I feel it is necessary. But oh well, there is always Ebay and craigslist and local sale. I have it in my sig here
    03-03-09 09:30 PM
    Which one are you liking more out of both the G1 and the 8900? Which one are you preferring? And yeah I seen that, awhile back there was never that rule but hey. rules are rules...
    03-03-09 09:35 PM
    I can't wait to see your reviews. I definitely think both devices have their qualities that blow the other out of the water, but definitely are both great devices(despite what some people think).
    03-03-09 09:38 PM
    how much for your 8320?
    03-03-09 09:39 PM
    how much for your 8320?
    With a low post rate I think that would be hard for someone to trust on a forum. But you should read his signature. It said 175$ Shipped. Welcome to CB.
    03-03-09 09:41 PM
    Is your 8320 unlocked?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 11:57 PM
    And Hello 2 new phones...HTC G1 and RIM 8900...YAY

I picked up an 8900 a week ago and got my G1 yesterday. I will be writing reviews and comparisons for the two. I think both are great phones in their own ways so far.

I will be selling my 8320.

It is all black! Black G1 trackball, black front housing,back door, keypad, and side rails. 4.5 OS. asking $175 shipped. Email me for more info and pics
    [email protected]
    how much for your 8320?
    I think they are asking $175.
    03-04-09 12:05 AM
    Mmmm 8900

03-04-09 01:40 AM
    I am new to Blackerry, so take this for whatever it's worth...

When upgrading from T-Mobile's Dash, I knew there were 2 phones I wanted. Either the Curve or the G1. Since I'm in California, I'm lucky enough to have 30 days to exchange (play with) as many phones as I like.

First, I tried the Curve. I fell in love with how easy it was to get used to . Texting was great and the email service (as you already know) is wonderful!

Then I tried the G1. Absolutely LOVED, LOVED, LOVED all the apps and fun things you could play with on this phone. The touch screen is fabulous as well as pretty to look at. As for the phone, email and texting...not so much. Having to open and close a keyboard all the time is not my thing. I wanted it to be my thing. I longed for it to be my thing. It just wasn't. It was very hard (I have small hands) to work around the "chin" in order to text as well. Don't even get me started on the battery life.

All in all, I ended up with the Curve. I'm thrilled with my decision and have absolutely no regrets!

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you think of it from a veteran Blackberry user's point of view.
    03-04-09 09:02 AM
    is the 8320 unlocked?
    could u post some pics?

thanks!
    04-01-09 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD