Invested in a Verizon Droid X and can only hope it will be as reliable as the olde Curve. Reason for the change? Unique apps requirements that are not in BB world yet. No anger here, the 8330 made me more productive and I hope to come back in 2 years to BB world. Crackberry forums provided lots of assistance to me and I thank all of you who helped.
    Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas.

Teal
    12-20-10 05:12 PM
    Hey Teal...

I have been a long time BB user (8330) and switched to the Motorola Droid 9 months ago. I love my Droid. The only thing about the Droid that I despise is the touch screen. I know, I know.. You shouldn't text/email while driving, but on the BB it was so much easier to do so... I am giving my BB another shot just to see how it pans out. I am surprised to see the advances BB has made (or maybe I just learned them!).

I truly like most of the functions of the Android based phones, they seem to have BB outgunned on quite a few levels. The browser is AWESOME! I missed BBM although there are several options that resemble that, not the same but close.

Just my 2 cents!!!
    12-21-10 04:41 PM
    I am with you re the keypad on the BB being much superior to the touch screen. Agreed the other features of Droid overwhelms BB
    12-21-10 06:02 PM
    Just because your running a new smartphone doesn't mean you have to be a stranger. I have heard CB has a pretty good Android forum. Anyways have a great time with your new device. AL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-10 09:31 PM
    I did the same thing. Picked up an 'X' on launch day and havent looked back. LOVE it. Understand, I didnt use the BB for business stuff, more just for social/web browsing, so the droid works much better for me. As much as I hate to say it...I havent missed the BB at all.

I am back here because I just gave the bb to my husband and have been trying to figure out how to configure the darn thing again! I find myself shocked at how intuative the droid is and how confusing the bb is to set up.

Anyway..... working on figuring it out again.

Ohhh.. and anyone who has an x and is looking for a forum for it, check out, Droid X Forum. Great, helpful, knowledgeable people there. Kinda like here.
    12-26-10 08:40 PM
    Invested in a Verizon Droid X and can only hope it will be as reliable as the olde Curve. Reason for the change? Unique apps requirements that are not in BB world yet. No anger here, the 8330 made me more productive and I hope to come back in 2 years to BB world. Crackberry forums provided lots of assistance to me and I thank all of you who helped.
    Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas.

Teal
    I also made the switch in September to the Droid X. I loved my BB 8330 but had screen envy, so I made the switch. Check out the sister site to Crackberry for Androids (Android Central). I have to say there are a few things I miss about my BB, but am very happy with my choice.
    12-28-10 11:37 AM
    Thanks all. I did go the Android forums and found some good tips.

Happy New Year. Teal
    12-28-10 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD