I have an offer to get a new phone via retentions due to the fact my pearl bit the dust too many times and in a variety of fun (yet not so fun to me) ways.

Now, the rep said any phone but kept mentioning curve. I am assuming she means the 8330 (telus person here) so I want to know the good, the bad, and the ugly. Anything you love, hate, wish to god was never invented, the best thing on earth etc etc about this phone.

A bonus would be someone who did the same already.
    02-10-09 07:00 PM
    Having come from a Pearl (8130) to a Curve (8330), I have absolutely no regrets. I love the bigger screen and full qwerty keyboard.

Oh, and I love the fact that the 8330 has 1.5 times the memory of the Pearl, so don't have to watch your file free as diligently.
    Last edited by xliderider; 02-10-09 at 07:17 PM.
    02-10-09 07:07 PM
    My wife came from the pearl to the curve and loves it. I'm a curve convert too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 07:08 PM
    I've used a pearl, a curve, tried the storm, then came back to the curve. LOVE IT!
    02-10-09 07:11 PM
    so anything you guys love/hate ?

What about the dreaded GPS issue ? I am coming from a pearl with a funky GPS issue. Is EVERY curve plagued with this or just some ?
    02-10-09 07:17 PM
    I started off with a Pearl, went to the Curve, Then the storm, Then over to the bold and back to the curve. Lol.. Yea i know..

Its a really good device, Most stable IMO.. Great screen size, and Full qwerty keyboard.

But to be quite honest.. The peal and curve are a lot alike besides the screen and keyboard.
    02-10-09 07:37 PM
    So what is making people go to the storm and then go back ? Anything with the storm in case I look in that direction ?
    02-10-09 07:47 PM
    I just couldn't get used to the keyboard on the storm. My typing slowed down a whole lot. Plus, it's still very buggy.
    02-10-09 07:48 PM
    Yea i agree with niubeav.. I hate touch-screens but love blackberry. I gave the storm a shot because of the simple fact it was a blackberry.

And yes since it is a new phone there is still a few bugs they need to fix, i like a dependable device.. such as my curve..
    02-10-09 07:51 PM
    I loved the idea of interacting directly like I could with a touch screen, put the typing just slowed me down too much.
    02-10-09 07:53 PM
    I started with a Pearl, went to the Storm, back to my Pearl, and then to a Curve.

The transition from the Pearl to the Curve was much easier than from the Pearl to the Storm. Storm is a nice device but has too many annoyances at this time. Everyone keeps saying that the leaked upgrades make it better but honestly, I don't even care to try. I am very happy with the Curve.

My biggest thing with the Curve was the full keyboard compared to the Pearl. Even on the Storm I was using SureType over the full keyboard. The keys are much smaller but I got the hang of it over the course of a day's use.

Curve is much more customizable over the Storm too with the themes available for the Curve.

Good luck!
    02-10-09 08:56 PM
    so anything you guys love/hate ?

What about the dreaded GPS issue ? I am coming from a pearl with a funky GPS issue. Is EVERY curve plagued with this or just some ?
    My 8310 has GPS and I haven't had any problems at all with it. I love my Curve!
    02-10-09 09:38 PM
    WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE gps? i KNOW WHAT A GPS IS BUT WHY ON THE PHONE? i HAVE ONE IN MY VEHICLES( sorry caps) but is it really a useful tool to have? BTW I am new to the blackberrys and have a ton of questions but so far i LOVE the curve phone. Everyone was giving me hassle for getting it ( friends and family) until they saw everything it can do,
    02-10-09 09:46 PM
    Hmm lets see you walking around a strange town and need to find something, sounds like a good reason to me to have it on a phone. Left GPS in the car, or the battery is low
    02-10-09 09:55 PM
    Hmm lets see you walking around a strange town and need to find something, sounds like a good reson to me to have it on a phone. Left GPS in the car, or the battery is low
    Sounds good then...I haven't even turned mine on I don't think...does it have the same apps as my garmin? I mean can I punch in food and get a restaurant list or do I have to use specific addresses?
    02-10-09 09:57 PM
    I have two other GPS's that I've had for years. I'm in Real Estate and 90% of the time (before I got my Curve), I would forget to take a navigator with me or I would be out and about and have to go somewhere and didn't have it. Having a GPS in my phone now means that I don't ever have to look in my Thomas Guide again. Other uses: Geocaching. If you are hurt or lost and don't know where you are it can assist emergency personnel in locating you. Telling the Coast Guard exactly where you are on the Sacramento River when you run out of gas in your boat and need assistance at 8:00pm. Yeah, wish I owned my Curve when that one happened. See? Like I said, forgot to take a handheld GPS with me on that little outing too. Geotagging pictures so people know where you took it. The list goes on and on... One feature I use ALL the time: You have a friend or acquaintance in your address book and you rarely go to their house and don't remember how to get there. Pull them up in the addy book, press menu, choose Drive to and it drives you right there. The GPS was one of the "must have" features for me when choosing a device to replace my trusty Razr.
    Last edited by BadBob; 02-10-09 at 09:59 PM. Reason: spelling
    02-10-09 09:57 PM
    I have two other GPS's that I've had for years. I'm in Real Estate and 90% of the time (before I got my Curve), I would forget to take a navigator with me or I would be out and about and have to go somewhere and didn't have it. Having a GPS in my phone now means that I don't ever have to look in my Thomas Guide again. Other uses: Geocaching. If you are hurt or lost and don't know where you are it can assist emergency personnel in locating you. Telling the Coast Guard exactly where you are on the Sacramento River when you run out of gas in your boat and need assistance at 8:00pm. Yeah, wish I owned my Curve when that one happened. See? Like I said, forgot to take a handheld GPS with me on that little outing too. Geotagging pictures so people know where you took it. The list goes on and on... One feature I use ALL the time: You have a friend or acquaintance in your address book and you rarely go to their house and don't remember how to get there. Pull them up in the addy book, press menu, choose Drive to and it drives you right there. The GPS was one of the "must have" features for me when choosing a device to replace my trusty Razr.
    I stand corrected...I had NO IDEA it did all of that....I assume this is a free app with the phone correct?
    02-10-09 10:00 PM
    Guys I must apologize for my ignorance.... I just turned mine on IN THE HOUSE and hit gps navigation...zoomed the picture in and it pinpointed right on my house. NOW as a hunter I can see some good uses for this...THANKS!!!
    02-10-09 10:09 PM
    I haven't transitioned from one BB to another, but I love my Curve. I have to say, I am not a big fan of the Google maps an doubt I'd use a gps on my phone, but that's just me.
    Have fun!
    02-10-09 10:12 PM
    Yep! free app with the phone. Answering your question about the food and stuff. Man, turn that thing on and play with it. You can either type in what you want, or speak it in. It recognizes speach very well. You can type/speak in addresses, find your local pizza joint, rate the businesses and see ratings others have submitted...
    just saw your post about turning it on as I was typing. Yeah, I forgot about hunting, I'm a hunter too...
    ok how do I make the voice thing work to find locations?
    02-10-09 10:18 PM
    I'm on AT&T and so my GPS goes through Telenav. Is that what you have?
    02-10-09 10:27 PM
    I'm on AT&T and so my GPS goes through Telenav. Is that what you have?
    I am a complete rookie... I am on sprint and that's all I know.
    02-10-09 10:42 PM
    If you're using Sprint's Navigation software, you can only call in addresses. When you choose a "drive to" option, click the trackball and select call in location, or something like that.
    02-10-09 10:44 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD