Well our office got Blackberry's 8330m last year through Alltel. Verizon now has offered us an early upgrade

I really only use my phone for internet, gps, calender, and the occasional BB Messenger with the wife. She also has a 8330.

With Verizon I think my only three options are:

Storm2
    Tour 9630?
    Curve2 8530?

I can't get Verizon to confirm the arrival of the new Bold 9650? Not sure that the company will pony up for most likely full retail price on a new release.

I can't make my mind up which of these would be the better phone.

Track Ball - No Trackball - Touchscreen - Wi -Fi

Any reason one of these phones would be better than the other?
    04-28-10 01:30 PM
    Hey RB,

I would say go for the Storm 2, the world seems to be leaning in the direction of touchscreen. With that being said you will also be able to take advantage of the new multitouch functions that will be available in BB OS 6. I have the 8330 right now and have strained my patience with OS 5 lol, to many issues. I will wait for 6.0 to get released and get a the Storm 2 or I might even turn away from RIM and go to Apple for the 4g (looks promising).

Anyways with whatever one you choose I hope you enjoy .

Cote
    04-28-10 01:53 PM
    HTC Incredible.
    04-28-10 02:34 PM
    I will need to stick with a Blackberry for work.
    04-28-10 02:41 PM

With Verizon I think my only three options are:

Storm2
    Tour 9630?
    Curve2 8530?
    Storm2 is the only current model that is on the 6.0 list right now if that's important to you...
    04-28-10 02:50 PM
    I'd recommend sticking with your 8330 a little longer, especially if they are serving your needs at the time. The Tour would be a slight upgrade, but it doesn't have wifi. The Storm2 and 8530 have wifi, but if you are not used to a touchscreen device, you might end up frustrated with the Storm2 and the 8530 is only a slight step up from the 8330.

Hold out for the 9650.
    04-28-10 02:50 PM
    Honestly if I was in your position I'd go with the Storm2, from what you say you primarily use your phone for it'd make the most since.

Also YoungJediCote isn't Sprint the company with the 4G network capability? And Cingular with the iPhone contract? Unless I'm mistaken that is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 02:59 PM
    I guess I will have to go and try the Storm2 and see if I feel comfortable with the touch screen.
    04-28-10 03:31 PM
    I dont know if were talking about the same 4g, im talking about Iphone 4g not 4g network :P Unless its the same thing I dont know. Im not in the states so I dont know about sprint/ is that at&t?
    04-28-10 03:39 PM
    Actually sort of a weird situation. I HAVE to upgrade. Something to do with having to upgrade all 12 of us( the office ) at the same time.
    04-28-10 03:43 PM
    Lol oh ok, no I don't think we are, and no sprint is another service provider.
    Yea its probably part of the contract that yall have to do it simultaneously, but if you can definitely go play with some of the phones and try to get a feel for which one you'd like to upgrade to.

04-28-10 07:11 PM
    i would go with the Curve 2 or the Tour
    04-28-10 08:13 PM
    You HAVE to upgrade because Verizon is pushing all of you off of your Alltel contracts, plans, and networks onto them.

Good luck. My girlfriend's call signal and quality has dropped tremendously since being forced to switch from Alltel to Verizon. In fact, it's downright pathetic as she drops the call talking to me on the way home at least 4 times and loses her signal for a good 20 minutes solid at one point. None of this happened with Alltel.
    04-28-10 10:16 PM
    I think the best way to decide is go to a verizon shop if you get some spare time and play with the few select phones for a while (and tell the sales guy to shove it cause your in the zone and can't be distracted) and narrow them down even more from there. Goodluck, and enjoy your new BB!

04-28-10 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD