I activated a blackberry curve 8300 on my verizon wireless account last night. I went from an LG Octane, and I do not have an upgrade available so I had to go used and within my price range. I have been on the ohone with verizon all day and one rep said the hone is broke one rep said its their network, heres what its doing:
    I cant open backup assistant, I can get to the accept terms and conditionn page, i hit accept, it then takes a really long time to load and an error comes up that says the server is either busy or in maitenence mode, please try again or if the problem presists contact your service provider.
    that same error message comes up when I try to load VZW sometime, sometimes it will load if i keep refreshing, same with some webpages. everything else seems to be working ok.
    we have wiped the phone, I have re-installed the software and i founf a thread on here for manuall activation and it was missing the sip password of vzw, i added it saved it and rebooted it and checked it again and it was gone. I really think there must be either a setting that isnt right, or something like that but verizon said o and want to send a tech out to check the vzw network in my area which i know is working bc I can access it from other devices.
    Oh! also, when they tried to have me take backup assistant out of my applications, it does not appear in the application list at all, but the icon is in my menu home screen. If its the phone I need to start the return process, but It just seems like something is not setup the right way.
    Thank you so much in advance for any help anyone can give me! I have been going nuts with this since last night!
    Jaime
    06-29-12 06:59 PM
    Having trouble understanding what you're trying to do. What is backup assistant? Do you mean you can't open Desktop Software on your computer?
    06-30-12 07:56 PM
    Its a Verizon app. Is your phone a 8330, because 8300 does not work on Verizon???
    07-01-12 12:40 AM
    Or is it an 8830?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    07-01-12 12:50 AM
    Its the curve 8330
    Backup assistant is an app to tranfer and save all your contacts. Its not just that not working though, i cant load stuff from BBW or VZWor sometimes the web, I keep getting that error about the server being busy and to try again later. Texting, calling and Email seems to all be working just fine. Which i dont get online through my phone a whole lot, but i do sometimes and need a phone that can do the things i want it to do.
    Its been a few days now and Its still driving me nuts.
    07-01-12 03:43 PM
    Might be the VZN website, not your phone.
    07-02-12 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD