Is there a way you can go online with a wifi connection and be on the phone at the same time? I had a iphone before and i know you could do this but not use the edge connection becasue voice and edge are on the same band but wifi is a seperate connection. Does the blackberry have this feature? thanks
    10-12-08 11:23 PM
    No I really don't think you can. Data and voice use the same radio.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-08 11:45 PM
    i might be completely making this up, but i thought this is one of the things featured by the storm? thats what i got from the vodafone commercial when theres a clip about "voice and data...do two things at once"...

Last edited by strickler; 10-15-08 at 05:18 PM.
    10-12-08 11:49 PM
    it's possible. i do it all the time.
    10-14-08 10:29 PM
    No it's not possible. That is why all emails come in after the phone call. Texts are different (not data with t-mobile). Simple thing would have been to simply try it.

EDIT:

You must be on WIFI and it can connect online. Not a fast connection either.
    Last edited by i_have_a_berry; 10-15-08 at 11:32 AM.
    10-14-08 10:46 PM
    I believe this is technology-dependent, and that CDMA devices cannot do voice and data at the same time, while GSM devices can. I suppose it's also possible for GSM carriers to restrict this capability.
    10-15-08 11:13 AM
    Yes it can be done, at least on the Curve/8320.

While on the call hit the MENU key and select SWITCH APPLICATIONS then find the browser icon and select with the trackball. Now you are surfing and talking. I just did it on my Curve and it worked fine.

And I did it while using WiFi
    10-15-08 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD