I did a search and didn't find anything that answered my question.

Normally i use the Gmail application, but wanted to try to have it sent to the phone instead. I went to the personal email setup and typed in my email and password, then clicked next and it said it had set upt. Thats all well and good.

My question is, can i do something to the settings so that it displays everything in my inbox and not just the new messages?

Another question is, when I open an unread message on my phone, it displays as being red on the phone, but when i go to gmail online it shows as unread. Is there a way to make it so when I read it on my phone, its marked as read on the gmail system?
    02-12-08 01:47 PM
    anyone? anyone?
    02-12-08 03:37 PM
    if your asking if you can get your old messages that are in your gmail account ... not as of this moment ... they are working on something called IMAP support with gmail that will hopefully allow this ....

and as far as marking the items as read that you've read on your BB in your gmail inbox ... once again the IMAP feature ... it is a bit shotty at this point ... but I'm sure within the next few months google will beable to get all the bugs worked out on it ...

one of the many links on IMAP ...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/gma...ry-curve-7414/
    02-12-08 03:51 PM
    My question is, can i do something to the settings so that it displays everything in my inbox and not just the new messages?
    To the best of my knowledge, no.

Another question is, when I open an unread message on my phone, it displays as being red on the phone, but when i go to gmail online it shows as unread. Is there a way to make it so when I read it on my phone, its marked as read on the gmail system?
    Do more manual reconcilliations?
    02-12-08 03:55 PM
    A little unclear here. When you say you used the "Gmail application
    are you referring to the Blackberry Gmail application or the one on your computer? The Gmail for Blackberry has every option that you have on your computer (spam reporting, stars, etc.) and syncs too.
    02-12-08 04:00 PM
    yeah i have been using the gmail blackberry app and i find it alot slower than going through the pop / imap. so i tried to setup the pop/imap but was a little dissapointed with the functionality but really impressed with the speed in delivering messages. it was practically instant
    02-12-08 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD