Ok, quick question that really doesn't matter a whole lot, just curious about something. So i've got 4.5.0.66 loaded on my 8330, and I've got my gmail address hooked to it, now here's my question. When I had hotmail, and I read a message on my phone, it showed as being read in my inbox on hotmail.com. Also, when I went to delete an individual message, it would give me the option of delete on "handheld and inbox" "handheld only" and "cancel", now all it give me is the option to delete or cancel. It's really not a big deal to me, I sit in front of a computer most days anyways, and I usually go in and clean up my physical inbox every day or so, I was just curious if this stuff happens to anyone else using Gmail. I like it much better than my old hotmail account, seems like I get the messages alot faster, that and I don't have to re-login every 60 days or so.
    01-15-09 02:25 PM
    1, do you still have hotmail linked to your BB?

2. If yes then maybe your email your viewing is in the main message folder. You will see them there and also the specific inbox.

3. I use gmail for my Fire dept domain, and also my personal Verizon account. since Verizon does not have the option to let you forward and retain a copy via them. plus Verizon fios email system si slow. Pop3 go figure.

4. With in regards to delete on hand held and server. Just leave it as hand held in the email reconcile settings.
    01-15-09 02:46 PM
    Did you just do an upgrade in OS? This could change that setting. Try going to messages/options/email reconcilication and set to promt. Do this one at a time for each account. Hit the back key and save and restart for each other account.
    01-15-09 02:52 PM
    Gmail is closer to realtime delivery(push)
    01-15-09 02:53 PM
    From what I remember, POP3 doesn't do 2 way syncing so it will only push new messages to your handset. By default GMail uses POP3 when you set it up on the BB with just your address and password. If you set up the GMail using their IMAP settings then you will get the 2 way reconciliation that I think you're looking for. It takes a little more legwork to set up but you shouldn't have to flush your inbox on the computer every time you log in.

I can't post URL's yet, so just google the words "gmail imap blackberry" and it's the first hit.
    01-15-09 03:00 PM
    With gmail in POP mode set up as your BIS account you get the ability to delete mail from the server via your BB but it won't mark the messages read on the server as you read them on the BB.
    01-15-09 03:02 PM
    Did you just do an upgrade in OS? This could change that setting. Try going to messages/options/email reconcilication and set to promt. Do this one at a time for each account. Hit the back key and save and restart for each other account.
    I did just upgrade, and you were correct, the email reconcilication was set to handheld, and i just changed it to prompt, so we'll see if that'll work. I just like the idea of being able to delete the crap messages that i might recieve. Like i said, it's not too big of a deal, just curious if anyone had the same problems. Thanks everyone for all the help! That's why I love this site!
    01-15-09 03:56 PM
    You could also download the Gmail Mobile app and you get more options loke archiving
    01-15-09 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD