So I have tried IMAP and POP - I used the BIS VZW site to register, I have "validated" my gmail account with the Blackberry "successfully" - then I get an email back saying:
    Your (email) messages are not being delivered to your blackberry device. To receive your email turn on IMAP....etc.

I have pulled the batt. to reset - I have deleted the email account and reinstalled it, etc.

I feel like I am out of options. The Google App works nice, but I love the today screen and I was hoping to integrate.
    This is for a Curve 8330 VZW on 4.5

Please advise, I feel like I have covered everything possible in searching.
    07-08-09 12:22 PM
    So I have tried IMAP and POP - I used the BIS VZW site to register, I have "validated" my gmail account with the Blackberry "successfully" - then I get an email back saying:
    Your (email) messages are not being delivered to your blackberry device. To receive your email turn on IMAP....etc.

I have pulled the batt. to reset - I have deleted the email account and reinstalled it, etc.

I feel like I am out of options. The Google App works nice, but I love the today screen and I was hoping to integrate.

Try this: BlackBerry Internet Service - Gmail Help
    07-08-09 12:25 PM
    Dammit - Websensed at work, lol.
    I will give it a shot later.
    07-08-09 12:47 PM
    Yeah, been there tried that all the way through.
    IMAP enabled all the steps followed, confirmation and validation done.
    Go to send or receive mail and I get message stated in OP.

Next...
    07-08-09 03:39 PM
    Why don't you use the gmail app? Your emails come right away with it. At least mine do.
    07-08-09 08:18 PM
    Make sure in the BIS login that the gmail account is set to forward messages to the device and there are no filters which I rather doubt since you just went through the setup process again.

If that checks out, have you also resent service books since all your efforts with deleting/re-adding the account? That may be worth a shot.
    07-08-09 09:50 PM
    Did everything mentioned and I still get the Action Required email telling me how to set up IMAP
    07-09-09 12:36 AM
    For grins, login to your gmail account. In the upper right(ish) corner, click on settings. On the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab, what circles are enabled?
    07-09-09 12:50 AM
    I gotta hit the rack man so here's my setup on that tab:

-Disable forwarding checked
    -Enable IMAP checked

That's it, nothing else. We have the same phone, same carrier and same e-mail. I'm using 4.5.0.77, the old Verizon standard OS. If that matches, I don't know what else could be the hangup other than you mentioned Google App along the way. I do NOT have anything to do with that. I've seen several posts lately about issues with Google App and e-mail making it to the BB but if you're simply using a plain old personal gmail account, I'm not getting it. Best of luck.
    07-09-09 01:02 AM
    POP disabled, No FWing, and IMAP enabled.
    This is how it was before I set up the BB anyhow.

The only other thing I will try today is uninstalling the GMail app and attempting to setup the GMail push again.

If not I will call VZW so they can tell me to remove the battery and check the version of OS, lmao.
    07-09-09 09:44 AM
    30 minutes with VZW on the phone.
    It's a communication issue - the need to call BB directly.

And a new handset will not fix it.
    Grrr - stay tuned.
    07-09-09 02:42 PM
    Kind of dealing with this. I know (or believe i saw before) there was issues with GMail not syncing right on the BB. So if i delete an email (or read) on the BB it won't delete it (or mark as read) on the server side. Has this been fixed?
    07-09-09 02:55 PM
    Kind of dealing with this. I know (or believe i saw before) there was issues with GMail not syncing right on the BB. So if i delete an email (or read) on the BB it won't delete it (or mark as read) on the server side. Has this been fixed?

I get an option when deleting to either delete on the handheld or both the handheld and the account mailbox. Perhaps it's a setting in e-mail reconicliation?

Messages > Options > Email Reconciliation

For referecne, whether it matters or not, my setup is as follows:

Message Services : Account in question
    Delelt on: Prompt
    Wireless Reconcile: On
    On Conflicts: Mailbox Wins
    07-09-09 05:05 PM
    Also, with Outlook and perhaps some others, there's a setting on the Outlook side to leave a copy of the message on the server.

Sorry to get off topic somewhat OP.
    07-09-09 05:06 PM
    I had the same problems after switching handsets under warranty, I ended up deleting every email account from BIS and starting over. Kind of a PITA, but it worked. I think I also had to re-register the "host router table".
    07-09-09 05:30 PM
    I get an option when deleting to either delete on the handheld or both the handheld and the account mailbox. Perhaps it's a setting in e-mail reconicliation?

Messages > Options > Email Reconciliation

For referecne, whether it matters or not, my setup is as follows:

Message Services : Account in question
    Delelt on: Prompt
    Wireless Reconcile: On
    On Conflicts: Mailbox Wins
    Already set to prompt but it never prompted. Set to Mailbox& Handheld and it will delete it from Gmail if deleted from the BB but not for the BB if deleted from Gmail.
    07-09-09 05:37 PM
    I had the same problem a while back and I solved it by setting up my email on the web from my desktop as follows:
    1. Navigate to this site for Verizon: h-t-t-p-s://b-i-s.n-a.blackberry.c-o-m/html?brand=vzw (sorry about the link, but my count is below 10 so I can't post a real link).
    2. If you don't have an account set up you can register your device and create one. You should have an account if you have email on the device for a user-at-verison.blackberry.com email account.
    3. If you do have an account, login using those credentials.
    4. Once logged in you will see any and all email accounts that are registered. If Gmail is not there, click on add account and enter your Gmail information and this site will establish the link and email you a notice that your account is active.
    5. If the Gmail is listed, I would delete and set up again form this location.

I used this procedure to establish all five of email accounts without a hitch on any.

Good luck and I hope this helps solve your problem.
    07-09-09 06:21 PM
    I had the same problem a while back and I solved it by setting up my email on the web from my desktop as follows:
    1. Navigate to this site for Verizon: h-t-t-p-s://b-i-s.n-a.blackberry.c-o-m/html?brand=vzw (sorry about the link, but my count is below 10 so I can't post a real link).
    2. If you don't have an account set up you can register your device and create one. You should have an account if you have email on the device for a user-at-verison.blackberry.com email account.
    3. If you do have an account, login using those credentials.
    4. Once logged in you will see any and all email accounts that are registered. If Gmail is not there, click on add account and enter your Gmail information and this site will establish the link and email you a notice that your account is active.
    5. If the Gmail is listed, I would delete and set up again form this location.

I used this procedure to establish all five of email accounts without a hitch on any.

Good luck and I hope this helps solve your problem.
    I have recreated the account with BIS several times and it doesn't fix the issue
    07-09-09 06:36 PM
    Nope and nope.
    Blackberry couldn't figure it out either.
    They did everything from their side and they said that it's a network interface issue. Just bouncing back the validations.
    07-09-09 09:43 PM
    I know you said you tried both pop and imap but have you tried enabling both at the same time? If not, you could try either of the gmail pop options but the one that seem like the least likely to cause problems is the 'enable for messages received from now on'. Just thought I'd throw one last try out there.

One other thing MAYBE worth trying is Messages > Options > Email Reconciliation and under the 'on conflicts', if yours is set to mailbox wins, try handheld wins instead. I'm not really even sure if that's applicable but it's not like answers are falling from the sky right now.
    07-09-09 09:55 PM
    I also was going to sugest the host routing table. Also just for giggles enable pop and imap. Mine does funny stuff if I don't have both enabled.
    07-10-09 12:31 AM
    OK messing with the POP/IMAP settings.

If I set to enable both i can delete from the BB and it deletes from Gmail. If I delete from GMail it remains on the BB.

If I enable just IMAP I don't receive emails on the BB

If I enable just POP I have the same affect as enabling both.
    07-10-09 10:35 AM
    Ok do a search. You are looking for, how sync gmail with imap. It will give you the manual settings. Then you have to log in to bis and change from pop to imap.
    I would seach for you but I'm mobile right now and don't have the time. Sorry.

Nate
    07-10-09 10:47 AM
    Ok do a search. You are looking for, how sync gmail with imap. It will give you the manual settings. Then you have to log in to bis and change from pop to imap.
    I would seach for you but I'm mobile right now and don't have the time. Sorry.

Nate
    Found the http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/tw...il-yet-254679/ post, looks like others having the same problem. The fix for a few does not work for me.
    07-10-09 11:06 AM

I was getting the same errors "gmail could not be validated" blah blah. I finally got it to work but it's contrary to all the instructions from Gmail.

1. Remove the Gmail account from the VZW BIS web site
    2. Turn OFF IMAP in Gmail settings. I also turned off enhanced IMAP in Labs
    3. Re-Add GMail account in VZW BIS - leave GMail alone.

I instantly got a notification saying my account had been set up. Gmails started coming in a few minutes later. I still have IMAP disabled and it works.
    08-26-09 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD