When I get an email on my BB I get the notice in my Gmail folder and my messages folder, why?

I have messages in options setup of to seperate in my messages folder, gmail and comcast. Any reason why or is this the norm for bb and gmail

Thanks

Trem
    01-10-09 04:56 PM
    Because Messages is the main default folder, and when you add an email, it creates a folder for that. I have my gmail and hotmail folders hidden and use my messages
    01-10-09 04:57 PM
    I do the same thing Rachel. This is good for when you have multiple e-mail accounts on your Berry. E-mails from all accounts go into the messages folder. That way you don't have to open an icon for each account...
    01-10-09 05:01 PM
    Exactly.

i'm the opposite of rachel though and i hide my general messages folder because i like everything separate.

It's personal preferences.

Keep in mind that PIN messages will ONLY go to the general messages folder. So if you hide that and get a PIN message you will have to show all to see it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 05:01 PM
    Ahh that is much nicer. Your way is better, I never thought I could do it all from that folder. I shall play with it tonight...

Thanks so much. I just hid the comcast and the gmail folders and tested a gmail message from the pc and it worked For whatever reason comcast has stopped working as of today but I will sort it out as I go

Thanks
    01-10-09 05:15 PM
    Comcast has been known from time to time to be spotty on e-mail delivery...
    01-10-09 05:16 PM
    The only downfall is, you cant tell which email address its come to in the messages folder, well, till you have it opened I guess. I streamline everything lol

To get the comcast one working you may have to resend your service books

Resending service books
    Either log onto your carriers BIS where you can edit your email info etc and resend from there, or find the manage internet email icon and follow that thru.
    01-10-09 05:17 PM
    God, you do streamline everything don't ya buddy? Hahaha...
    01-10-09 05:19 PM
    Thanks again Rachel - You have helped me twice now, I appreciate it. I will go try your advise. I see that resend your service books and its on my list to sort out and learn guess I need to learn it now. Be right back!

EDIT

I just resent them from the first option you gave. We shall see if I did it right or if it helps!
    01-10-09 05:24 PM
    No problem.
    01-10-09 05:29 PM
    God, you do streamline everything don't ya buddy? Hahaha...
    Oh yes LOL You know me
    01-10-09 05:29 PM
    Worked! Nice

Well one last thing. I guess this seems to happen from time to time so I will have to resend the books on occasion pretty much? That stinks if so but I have no choice I gather.

TY again
    01-10-09 05:32 PM
    Yeh on occassion you will, thats how you can sometimes fix email issues, etc,

You dont or shouldnt have to do it too much, I would say Id resend mine, hmmm once a month perhaps..
    Also after upgrades etc too..
    01-10-09 05:34 PM
    That's about how often I resend my books Rach, or if I think my e-mails are not being pushed fast enough...
    01-10-09 05:39 PM
    I am sure I will remember your steps but for now I better bookmark this thread - I surely will forget by the nights end how to resend them

TY
    01-10-09 05:52 PM
    LOL you'll be a pro in no time
    01-10-09 05:55 PM
    Yeah right. I love to learn it all so I have been reading for hours a day so far. I have notes all over my desk. I feel like I am re doing college. BTW - My family was from Allentown, I just noticed your location. I was there once and it was so cold I have yet to go back haha.
    01-10-09 06:02 PM
    I wouldnt come bac here either LOL
    We hate it, but its where the Miltary stuck us LOL we move in september YAY
    01-10-09 06:06 PM
    My dad was military so I traveled the world until I was nearly out of college. Here is to hoping the next station is in a warm and sunny place
    01-10-09 06:09 PM
    Well, anywhere west of here ha
    01-10-09 06:16 PM
    Jumping on this thread a tad late but learning from it most definitely.

What is a PIN message? How is it different from an email, a SMS or a MMS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD