hey everyone, quick question...

whenever i send an email via blackberry on the gmail account, i get an email right after i send that is my email i sent to the person, i assume its a receipt of somekind?

well from what i know i think i turned it off, but idk? can anyone help?
    thanks in advance!

D.
    07-29-08 02:31 PM
    See this thread : http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/gmail-problems-56506/

Searching is your friend
    07-29-08 02:31 PM
    thats for sure but the thing is i encountered that problem earlier today, but i think that must of been the earthquake issue

but im not talking about that lol, like if i sent an email right now via bb, 2 seconds later i would get an email from me (my name) saying what i said to that person...?
    07-29-08 02:35 PM
    Basically you're getting your "sent item" back. I have this same issue. I am assuming it's because I have gmail set up to save my sent items, but I'd love to know if there's a solution to keep them from being forwarded back to my BB.
    07-29-08 02:38 PM
    Try this link, I think it may fix your problem. Msantilli has some very good information.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10332

Hope this helps!
    07-29-08 02:40 PM
    follow bmc's link. that will help.
    07-29-08 02:42 PM
    Sorry, I jumped the gun... the link you need to follow to fix this problem is below :

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...lackberry-853/

07-29-08 02:42 PM
    Basically you're getting your "sent item" back. I have this same issue. I am assuming it's because I have gmail set up to save my sent items, but I'd love to know if there's a solution to keep them from being forwarded back to my BB.
    Should be able to set up a filter in BIS to block emails that have a sender of your email address. Drawback: If you send emails to yourself, like I do, you wont get them.
    07-29-08 02:44 PM
    You can set a filter on your ONLINE BIS account.

basically block emails from yourself.

"from field"
    email "[email protected]"
    click "block from going to mobile"

thats basically it.
    07-29-08 02:47 PM
    nice nice thanks everyone!

now one small/dumb question...does verizon wireless have an BIS account on there website? and if so anyone have a link?
    07-29-08 02:48 PM
    Should be able to set up a filter in BIS to block emails that have a sender of your email address. Drawback: If you send emails to yourself, like I do, you wont get them.
    Exactly! I just send the emails to another one of my BIS accounts if I need it on my Berry... haha

I would rather not get those damn "Sent Message" receipts
    07-29-08 02:49 PM
    nvm, got it.
    07-29-08 02:55 PM
    nice nice thanks everyone!

now one small/dumb question...does verizon wireless have an BIS account on there website? and if so anyone have a link?
    That was going to be my exact question (and I was starting think I was losing my mind). I logged into my account @ verizonwireless.com and can't find a screen that looks anything like the screenshots in the link above.
    07-29-08 02:55 PM
    For BIS sites : http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/what...site-url-3187/

That link is out of the guide I posted above... you could just follow that and it has all the info you need
    07-29-08 02:57 PM
    That link is out of the guide I posted above... you could just follow that and it has all the info you need
    Thanks for dumbing this down for me. I am smarter than this, honest!
    Last edited by puddles99; 07-29-08 at 03:20 PM.
    07-29-08 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD