I have a BB Curve 8310 through ATT services. I was wondering if any one has had this issue or a solution to this issue. I have 2 email accounts on my BB, I have a comcast account and a gmail account. When someone sends an email to the comcast account it will be displayed in my message center and opened with the message icon.

When anyone emails me through the gmail account, it will not show up in the message icon. I have to go to the gmail icon and refresh the inbox to see if I have received any new emails. Is there a way to get my emails on my gmail account to go directly to the message center and open through the message icon?
    01-28-08 06:16 PM
    Do you have the gmail setup through BIS, or are you using the gmail app?
    01-28-08 06:23 PM
    Sorry new to the forum thing. I thought I typed everything in but after looking at it, I needed alot more information out there for you. I have gone in through the BIS. I have deleted my gmail account, re added the account. I have also sent the service books out and turned off the BB and taken the battery out as well. The only way I can see if I have any new emails from gmail is to go through the gmail application

Thanks for any help in advance
    Last edited by CDaleScalpels; 01-28-08 at 06:44 PM.
    01-28-08 06:35 PM
    Unfortunately you're far from the only one experiencing this problem. Gmail used to be and was up to a few days ago, instantaneous on Blackberry. Then something happened a few weeks ago and email arrives late or just doesn't arrive at all.

A temporary bypass you should try is to go into your Gmail account and set all email to forward to your Comcast account. If you don't want to mix them, then go into BIS and create an att.blackberry.net account and have your Gmail forwarded there.

You'll still have to log into Gmail at least once a day and "mark all as read" if you need to, but at least all messages will arrive instantly.

Oddly enough, our Gmail+Blackberry woes began when Gmail implemented some sort of enhancement for the iPhone. I'm not sure it has anything to do with it or not but I found it coincidental. I've emailed Gmail support, posted on their support group and nobody seems to care or have the time to answer so who knows if it will ever be fixed.
    01-28-08 10:18 PM
    Thank you for your help on this. I got it to work quite well actually. I did a system wipe. Back up you BB first before doing this. I went into Options> security options> general settings > hit the menu key (the key just left of the track ball) > and then hit the option of wipe handheld.

I had to reinstall all of my applications and reset all of my profiles and sync the BB with the computer but as of right now I can get gmail on my BB (through BIS) faster than my computer can update. I hope this works for somebody that is having issues with gmail like me.
    01-29-08 11:30 AM
    Yeah i been having similar issues... i can receive emails fast on my bb but when sending emails out it takes forever. I will try the system wipe thanks
    01-29-08 01:07 PM
    I hope this works for somebody that is having issues with gmail like me.
    I must admit I had not done this previously but I did try it a few hours ago.

Unfortunately this did not solve the problem. Emails are still arriving with large delays.
    01-29-08 01:57 PM
    Sorry mvanderlinden that it didnt work for you. I did that wipe handheld option and then reset everything through the BIS on the home computer. I am in Denver CO and maybe get better coverage. I average about a 1 minute turn around time with emails from gmail unless they are large files (picture sending) and that can take a few mintues longer. I hope you can get your issue solved.

Good Luck
    01-29-08 06:52 PM
    I have never been able to get my gmail forwarded to my regular messages box like I can with other email accounts like Hotmail. Having always gone through the GMail app to get them is a bit annoying, so hopefully someone can get this resolved.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 06:38 PM
    I've never had any problems with Gmail. Just must be a few unlucky people.
    08-26-08 06:47 PM
    I also have gmail and downloaded the app for it. I haven't yet noticed a lag on receiving emails. I have the icon on my homescreen and it shows me when a new one arrives. I personally love it.
    08-27-08 08:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD