Ok. I am very annoyed with my BB Curve 8330 Verizon. I received an email in my gmail which I access through google apps. I can open the picture but cannot save it. What gives? I am new from WM^ which could do this no problem. I really want to love this device but this is very annoying. Als still cant get Word or Excel attachments to work. I have the latest OS and registered and updated not upgraded my Doc to Go
    12-24-08 08:49 AM
    If you have your gmail pushed to your phone you can save attachments, Im unsure if you can do it with an app, I dont think you can.
    12-24-08 08:54 AM
    I usually forward the email from my gmail app back to my blackberry. I'm then able to re- download and save the attachments.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 09:37 AM
    Ok. So what I did is set up my gmail account on my BB as a seperate account. I then set up my corp email as a seperate accoount as well by adding an acct and putting my corp email info in the fields. So now I have a 3 folders on my BB one for my corp email address, one for my gmail and the message folder which houses both my corp and gmail messages together. I dont think I am going to be using the messages folder much any more since i have the seperate accounts. However, one observation I have made is that my gmail folder shows I have new messages until I delete them from the messages folder which is annoying. My seperate gmail folder can be totally empty but will show new messages. If I delete them from the messages folder the little icon that shows new messages will then and only then disappear.

Also I can now view and DL and save all types of attachments (pictures, word, excel ect)from both accounts which I could not do before.

I do wish there was an option to password protect my gmail account folder though. I would hate for someone to pick up my BB like m kids maybe and open an inappropriate email

Another curious thing is when I go into my gmail and click options it shows my corp email addy as the message service under email settings and email reconcilliation. If I click on that it drops down to my gmail addy. I guess it has my corp addy just as what is displayed? I dont know.

Either way I think I have found my work around for my attachment issue even though I did not want to have my gmail go through the BIS but the Google App service just didnt do what I wanted it to since I couldnt save or DL attachments
    12-24-08 10:33 AM
    You can get an app, I think called Empower pro that will give you seperate boxes, so I *think* you can use your messages for gmail, and the BES icon for your corp mail

Read thru this, and see if it looks like it may help, there is also a trial you have to see before buying

Empower your BlackBerry with HTML Email Viewer and BES MailBox
    12-24-08 10:37 AM
    I also have the gmail app and like it, but

when I get an attachment, doc, xls, pdf I cannot save it to open in docs2go.

I try to forward it to my att.blackberry.net email but that gets forwarded to my gmail account. I never set it up that way, but it does.

How can I make it quit doing that??? Please help
    12-25-08 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD