Is anyone else having issues with the GMail app for the blackberry. It was working fine for a couple months then this past couple weeks it has totally flaked on me. It loads fine but when I click on a message it prompts me to re-input my password. When I reply to a message, it prompts me for password again...and then never sends the messages. Messages that I eventually read are not updated (they remain unread). Very odd. I tried searching the GMail known issues and errors and didn't see anything. Searched this forum with no luck. So it may be me/my device.

I have tried removing ALL Google apps (talk, maps and GMail) and clearing the browser cache (don't know why...just did). Removed the GMail app and did a battery pull. Still exhibiting the same issue. Any ideas?
    08-06-08 10:28 AM
    I'm having the same problem. What's the deal? Anyone know?
    08-07-08 10:36 AM
    Why not just set up your gmail account in your BIS? Mine works terrific like this.
    08-07-08 10:38 AM
    I,Ve seen a lot of posts about GMail with problems. If it is working fine with BIS then it could be a BES problem. Talk with the IT guys.
    =8')
    08-07-08 11:04 AM
    Not using BES or BIS for Gmail. Using the Gmail java app. I seem to have got it partially working. I disabled the "Always keep me logged in" check box on the More..., Settings menu. That at least stops it from prompting me to re-enter my Gmail password every few seconds. It is a pretty buggy app.

I have considered using BIS to read GMail, but I like the fact that I can keep my Gmail contacts separate and can search my entire Gmail message history from the java app. Just wish it had a spell check.
    08-07-08 01:03 PM
    I'm not going to go into my reasons for wanting to use the app over BIS. But I did find a fix that worked for me over on a Google usenet group. See below...

======================

Hey mobile app fans,

Gmail has launched a new security feature that isn't yet compatible with the Gmail for mobile application.

If you enabled the new 'Always use https' setting in Gmail, you may encounter errors in the app. The specific errors vary by device, but in general you'll see 'unexpected error' or have the app suddenly quit on you.

So what can you do about it?

For those using Version 1.5 of the app, the workaround is to enable the app's own 'Always use secure network connections (slower performance):' setting from your device and then sign out:

1. Select 'Menu' > 'Go to' > 'Settings.'
    2. Check the 'Always use secure network connections (slower
    performance):' option.
    3. Make sure the 'Always keep me signed in' option is NOT checked (in order for you to sign out).
    4. Save your changes.
    5. Select 'Menu' > 'Exit Gmail.'
    6. Restart the app and sign in.

Our engineers are working to make the https setting more compatible with the mobile app, so in the meantime, hang in there!
    08-08-08 05:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD